Husqvarna 585 Day One :)

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kind of the "anti" bling saw... non Autotune, no fancy stickers, a little porky, only 86cc's if you go by the typical logic we ingest constantly the wrong saw for ANY one. But me :)

stankers

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice video. I love mine. I had Kevin port it about a year ago. It probably only gets used twice a month on big wood or flushing a stump. But when it gets used it’s a pleasure to run.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny thing about those saws..... other than the cylinder , piston, top cover, and carb they effectually are small bore non auto tune 592's, Hard to get a lot more out of the 592, but the 585 prolly responds well to simple stuff like a muffler mod and less restriction on the intake side. Drop that cylinder a bit for more lower rpm punch, pretty standard stuff easy to do is my gamble. BUT if I wanted a "ported" 585 I would just get the 592 :) 10 to 15 percent more power stock is my guess. AND since they start with the same cylinder casting, the 592 weighs a bit LESS as it has a larger bore. Reminds me of the 281/288 scenario of the 80's For me my gamble is the less bore will yield a easer to pull over and start saw, especially restarts. And have enough to pull my 28 inch bars in hard wood better than my 565. THATS the gamble, And having the smaller & less power on the same bottom end as the 592 will out last my ability to run that saw. My gamble again...that the rubber parts wear out faster than the hard parts. If that all ends up being true....I'm a happy camper with that saw purchase. I have a LOT of bigger tree's ahead. Hoping that saw makes life easier.