HUSQVARNA 439

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So I just picked up two brand new Husqvarna 439's on ebay, made the guy an offer I never thought he would take...

I've never actually seen one of these saws or heard anything about them so I'm coming here for knowledge.
Anyone got any info or any opinions of this saw?

If anyone's been looking for one of these i'de be willing to sell one or possibly both.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do not see any reviews out there yet. You can be the first on many sites.
HUSQVARNA 439

upload_2021-1-10_10-28-17.gif
★★★★★ ★★★★★ No rating value for 439

Husqvarna 400 Series chainsaws offer the best starting performance in their class. The Husqvarna 439 has a starter cord that’s easy to pull and an engine that’s quick to start. Features LowVib® anti-vibration technology for safe, comfortable control. Powered by an X-Torq® engine for reduced fumes and fuel consumption, this superior all-around saw is ready to tackle your next project.

• Cylinder displacement
    35.2 cm³
  • Bar length (inch)
    16"
  • Recommended bar length, max
    16 in
  • Weight (excl. cutting equipment)
    8.64 lbs
Select product variant

$399.99

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So I got the two 439's in the mail today and took one out and started it...

Honestly the weirdest saw I've ever put my hands on. The choke is a little odd (this is the first of the newer style huskies ive run so it may be normal for all saws now). The carb is in a compartment with nothing but fuel lines and a filter and alot of open space just like the old old saws were, the exhaust is really different, and the pull cord is full length, not short like most top handle ish saws out there.

The starter rope is kinda irritating as I got really used to the ones on the 193c and 193t, but I could see how it would be nice for the older generation, makes it alot easier to get a full pull when you start it with the saw sitting on the ground.. The open carb compartment is really easy to work on carb components and swithces and such, but I would more than bet that getting to anything muffler or cylinder related would be quite a hassle. The exhaust is my only dislike. It has tubing that takes it from the outlet on the cylinder up towards the bar/felling spikes. I can only imagine that this cuts down on power/ restricting the exhaust flow... And the exhaust sound......It's like running a blown up 660 with no muffler on. It may be because I havn't broken it in yet.... but god does it sound wierd

Other than the exhaust, I would have liked to see things like more robust felling dogs, a self retaining side cover nut, and a metal chain catch. But overall, its a pretty good looking saw from my first impression

...On a side note, it is a VERY emissions compliant saw, ranking at a 2 out of 10 on the most emissions friendly scale. I may be able to mod the carb adjustment screws and open it up a little bit.

I'll throw a bar on her and run her a bit before I give my final opinions