High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 350 comparison video with cut times!

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From post 92 above Matt said "My orignal question was do they all perform the same w/ the some mods... is there some voodoo difference between aftermarket kits vs oem if they are modded in the same way."
So originally the question was not how to build the strongest 346, but how do the aftermarket stack up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The oem saw is 45mm stock cylinder with dished piston.

There are no 359 carbs here....except brads saw.... ie...no el42 or 199s.

There are a million different variations that we can look at now that we have a dyno.....wcoreyalready has plans :)

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My experimental efforts with this platform have all been with oem 350 cylinders though, cheap thrills sort of thing.
I now have a spare oem 346 cylinder as well as a couple am, so that may give me incentive to try something there next...
I'm curious to see what can be done with the really cheap ($27) am kits, as I feel those are my only excuse not to buy oem at current prices.

Then 359's... Then 372's, 394/5's... It's effin endless.

Dyno still needs to get done first...

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My experimental efforts with this platform have all been with oem 350 cylinders though, cheap thrills sort of thing.
I now have a spare oem 346 cylinder as well as a couple am, so that may give me incentive to try something there next...
I'm curious to see what can be done with the really cheap ($27) am kits, as I feel those are my only excuse not to buy oem at current prices.

Then 359's... Then 372's, 394/5's... It's effin endless.

Dyno still needs to get done first...

ROFL ... Don't forget top handle saws, electrics, pole saw, then string trimmer adapter.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bill, put a bigger brake on that dyno and we'll hook the Mustang to it!

Chainganger

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The oem saw is 45mm stock cylinder with dished piston.

There are no 359 carbs here....except brads saw.... ie...no el42 or 199s.

There are a million different variations that we can look at now that we have a dyno.....wcoreyalready has plans :)

Excellent work. If you put a Zama el42 onto your Hyway saw (cost $30) and retuned, I wonder what the dyno would say? Maybe that would eliminate any itch you might have to tear it all down again.

As a hobbiest, firewood burner, I do not care about number of hours put into a saw. Messing with them is just plain fun. But as long as I am doing it, I would just as soon try to spend time and money on things that really make a difference.

Your review of after market P&Cs has helped in that regard.

Thanks!

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya, I want to return bang for buck too... personally I understand the "fun" aspect, but for the most part I don't want to pull a cylinder off multiple times to tweak things. I want it to be good, first try. doesn't have to be optimal, just good. So I do my best on the first go around and hope it runs :)

I don't have ready access to the dyno, so my itch is quelled for the moment. I don't really even need super fast saws, just saws that work when I really need them. My philosophy w/ neighbors is simple... show up w/ a saw or a shovel. THATS the way to be helpful. :)

fyi, I have a walbro 199 hanging around somewhere.... but honestly don't feel the itch :)

Gentleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
as inconsistent as the two hyway cylinders are, they were bought from 2 different vendors over a 2 year period I think. @Gentleman might be able to answer the question of how consistent he believes these hyway cylinders to be in the future
I never knew that Hyway changed the design. I will ask about it. What all was different? Can you email me some photos if you have them.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
4:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
fyi, I have a walbro 199 hanging around somewhere.... but honestly don't feel the itch :)
if you have one 199 you should try it out, but it will not perform 100% unless you use 357/359 airfilter and airfilterholder.
If you go that route you have to pay attention to the area around choke&stop switch.
I can't speak for 350, but 346 OE's doesnt have enough space in that area, simple modd by one razor though.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Impressive work.

Question, the graph for the stock 350 says stock muffler. Did you put a stock muffler on the 350?

If so, did you Dyno it with the modded muffler?
Here is the best stock muffler run
e1045a785b4ca3e6ca04de226751f89a.jpg

And here is the best run as you sent it to me
b8746089b020c2a1e4d445013ad893b5.jpg