Husqvarna 268...

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No e job. I'd buy the 368 stuff if price is right.
Good job.

Motorhead

Cantre Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 61 husqvarna that I changed over to an aftermarket 272 piston and cylinder, Bolted right up, The 272 top end is the way to go.

bplust

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
4mm carb bolts is what I have

Depending on the cylinder you get, you might have to get larger bolts and drill out or get another block. The other option is to use the small bolts in the larger cylinder holes. I've had good luck wrapping a rubber band around the muffler, cylinder, and the air filter mount, holding everything tightly together and preventing an air leak at the carb. You have to put a new rubber band on every few cuts, as there is an issue with melting, but it does work ok.

Motorhead

Cantre Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Depending on the cylinder you get, you might have to get larger bolts and drill out or get another block. The other option is to use the small bolts in the larger cylinder holes. I've had good luck wrapping a rubber band around the muffler, cylinder, and the air filter mount, holding everything tightly together and preventing an air leak at the carb. You have to put a new rubber band on every few cuts, as there is an issue with melting, but it does work ok.
Huh?

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have yet to have an issue smearing some anaerobic on a used one (I'm serious about this post).
This one looks in good shape.
I'll put some Yamabond around the OD.

Looks to me like the oiler needs to be mounted when installing the PTO bearing?