Husky 372xp OE top covers and flag conflict

TreeHunter

OPE Member
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys, I have this 372XP here, OE non X torq model. The reason I say that is I believe someone before my time with it put an Xtorq flag here and it is striking the top cover. It could be the other way around but in my coarse research, this is what I think has happened. The original unit has a flared end top cover like you see in my pictures, while the X torque looks more flat under the chain brake flag. I haven't compared in person and only using lousy online pictures, which seldom show this feature in good enough detail. Has anyone had this issue?

Attachments

• Top cover 1.jpg
    Top cover 1.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Top cover 2.jpg
    Top cover 2.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 14

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
6:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The front handle is xtorq. If the top cover has a hole for a decomp then it is xtorq. The clearance looks about right to me though.

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 372 handles…that don’t look right :p

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
if the flag didn't fit on perfectly easy then it, one of 2 things- wrong handle or the metal piece going into your chain brake is the wrong one- the metal piece is different on oe xp than the xtorq - more like a 390 which is a wider handle anyway.- wouldn't fit right

Last edited:

TreeHunter

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also, if the metal piece is bent, it will greatly affect the fit of the flag. ;)
So this was it, all part numbers match the model and the IPL. What they call the brake lever was bent, I did my best to get it closer but damn if its still not right. And yall probably know this part is robust, its like 1/4 plate formed steel or some *s-word, so this saw must have had a serious incident in its past. new to me It runs great and I freakin love this thing. Never had a 372 before im working my way back in time.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So this was it, all part numbers match the model and the IPL. What they call the brake lever was bent, I did my best to get it closer but damn if its still not right. And yall probably know this part is robust, its like 1/4 plate formed steel or some *s-word, so this saw must have had a serious incident in its past. new to me It runs great and I freakin love this thing. Never had a 372 before im working my way back in time.
Seems I recall straightening one some years back with a hunk of 1/2" pipe. Slipped it over and slowly worked it until it was back in its proper position.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
6:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They’re not difficult to replace. I wouldn’t try to bend it much on the saw, could cause yourself more issues.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems I recall straightening one some years back with a hunk of 1/2" pipe. Slipped it over and slowly worked it until it was back in its proper position.
They’re not difficult to replace. I wouldn’t try to bend it much on the saw, could cause yourself more issues.
I also seem to recall having it off and clamped in a vice while I did so.