Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
6:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great job Silver Eagle.

You've got the marks of a true craftsman. You weren't afraid to go back in when the final product didn't meet your expectations.

There's gonna be another satisfied customer, that I'm sure of.

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sadly I only have 3 tanks of fuel through this saw. I will say the compression is higher now than when first got it back from Mike, and the saw has gained a noticeable amount of power as well. It's a bit of a bugger to start cold simply because it has so much compression. It starts easily and instantly when hot though. I think I will put the decomp back in it just to save my should a bit.

This is my first ported saw but definitely not my last. It is just so much fun to run. I thought it had a lot of power when it was stock but now it just makes me laugh at how hard it pulls. Mike did a great job porting my saw, in fact, as this thread shows, he went out of his way to get it just right. He didn't have to do that and I likely would have been very happy with his initial results, but he wasn't satisfied so he did the extra work. It just shows the man's character - what more could a customer ask for?

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sadly I only have 3 tanks of fuel through this saw. I will say the compression is higher now than when first got it back from Mike, and the saw has gained a noticeable amount of power as well. It's a bit of a bugger to start cold simply because it has so much compression. It starts easily and instantly when hot though. I think I will put the decomp back in it just to save my should a bit.

This is my first ported saw but definitely not my last. It is just so much fun to run. I thought it had a lot of power when it was stock but now it just makes me laugh at how hard it pulls. Mike did a great job porting my saw, in fact, as this thread shows, he went out of his way to get it just right. He didn't have to do that and I likely would have been very happy with his initial results, but he wasn't satisfied so he did the extra work. It just shows the man's character - what more could a customer ask for?
Mike is an awesome builder and a hell of a good guy. Sure is a beauty of a 272, I’m jealous.

CJ Brown

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mike is an awesome builder and a hell of a good guy. Sure is a beauty of a 272, I’m jealous.
Thanks and yes Mike is a good guy and does really nice work. I have a 181/288 here to build that will be making it's way to Paris, Ontario once I finish it.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks and yes Mike is a good guy and does really nice work. I have a 181/288 here to build that will be making it's way to Paris, Ontario once I finish it.
Sounds like you’re building quite the Silver Eagle 2-series line up. Looking forward to seeing it rip:thumbup:

CJ Brown

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like you’re building quite the Silver Eagle 2-series line up. Looking forward to seeing it rip:thumbup:
Haha yes maybe! I could see getting one of my 262XPs done some time in the future just to complete the set.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really like the two series. 272 especially. I have two of them. One super ugly one less ugly. Both run very well. I run a 32” bar on one bone stock with high depth guages. It pulls well enough. I prefer falling with it over my 288 just due to the weight. I’d love to try a ported one.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spend some of your Benjamins and get 1 done! You'll be glad you did...

Mike's attention to detail and craftsmanship is 2nd to none.
Plus he's a great guy. [emoji106]

Last edited: