Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
3:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.jpg I recently tried converting a loop of 23rs chain to square. The chain cuts wicked fast on my ported ms260 with 044 carb. The problem I have is that the chain chatters when the saw isn't dawged in tight against whatever I'm cutting. I think I have the DG a bit to low. This is the only picture I currently have of this chain. I filed this chain with a 6 sided triangular file. I believe it's a vallorbe. I've also got a couple double develop files but I haven't tried them yet.
Do you guys have tips or suggestions?

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. The chain is due to be touched up again. I might try out the double bevel file this time. Or should I stick to the triangle file since that's what I used when I converted it?

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a real challenge doing that PS chain . just felt like I had no room to do anything

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any pics of your square stuff?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was using the triangular files, then tried a double bevel, and I like it better. I have a handle on the file, and I keep the tooth in place with a paint stirrer pinched against the bar with the other hand.

ft. churchill

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks. The chain is due to be touched up again. I might try out the double bevel file this time. Or should I stick to the triangle file since that's what I used when I converted it?
I like the flat file with double bevel sides, I dont care for triangular or the goofy files.