How long you been wrenchin on saws?

• Total voters

redoakneck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I remember using 10w-30 for chain oil and putting a couple glugs in the gas tank as the mix oil.

I think it was a home lite?? The rich farmers had poulans back then when they were high quality.

So much smoke you of thunk you was at a Rastafarian BBQ, and no bugs!!!

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I remember using 10w-30 for chain oil and putting a couple glugs in the gas tank as the mix oil.

I think it was a home lite?? The rich farmers had poulans back then when they were high quality.

So much smoke you of thunk you was at a Rastafarian BBQ, and no bugs!!!
I wasn't a rich farmer, but started with Poulan & had money from selling firewood.
My old man put me into the firewood business when I was 16 years old. lol

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bruce, He's a great guy. I remember going to his shop in the early 80's when my dad was building a big cam 400 from a 290. Cool stuff!

Yep, Bruce Mallinson is his name. He knows his stuff. I buy
stuff from still. Have bought exhaust manifolds and programers
for the Cat C15's and C16's.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Started working on chainsaws around 1962, fixing them for the loggers and woods workers when I was just a youngster. The guys that ran them didn`t know a thing about what made them run/work.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
10:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I never start my saws…….they're just too loud and scary…….therefore I don't need to work on them.
with a mentality like that you should just grow flowers and have tea parties with your friends.

Last edited:

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Greece%2BContagion%2B7.2.15b.jpg

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
First saw I ever dicked with was an old 08-S when I was back in school. Was trash anyway so I pulled that sucker into every component part, learned what I could then realised it wasn't worth putting back together and moved on.

Couple years later I rebuilt an 051 into a NOS crankcase, this time I got the bug and I've been doing it ever since, about 4 years now doing servicing and repairs, along with mods for my own saws

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But will ad still learning. As all mechanical stuff, or skills it's ever evolving. I like picking people's brain on their methods. Sometimes I find a better way. Or good input making the job easier. And sometimes I just didn't know. Everything we own. I'm the mechanic on. As of late living of the grid. I'm learning about generators. Engine stuff etc, no biggie. Electrical part I'm learning more of.

X 66 stang347 X

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've worked at stihl dealer for 17 years. ever since I was 18. I've went to Virginia beach to the stihl gold and plan on going to the platinum when I have time and round up my buddies that were at the gold school.