High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
3:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you eliminate the vile beast ???

I saw an otter in the neighbors pond today.
No, as long as they aren't doing any damage there is no reason to kill them. It is actually against the law to kill a snake in Missouri and most other states per the wildlife codes. Nephew is a biology major and works for the conservation department. He spent several years catching and doing work with them in college.

plcnut

Jesus is LORD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good Sunday morning!
We spent the last two Saturdays cutting firewood at our neighbors. We have almost finished getting it all hauled home. It has been a real blessing getting good wood that is close to home.
Yesterday evening we fished in our pond for a couple hours. It is a real hoot watching the little ones reel in the bluegill! I actually pulled in a nice size largemouth bass between baiting hooks for the little ones. I would guess around a 3 pounder.
Today after church we are going to my brother's house to celebrate my mons birthday. It will be good to spend time with our family.
God bless, and keep your eyes on the sky. Jesus is coming back soon!

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good Sunday morning!
We spent the last two Saturdays cutting firewood at our neighbors. We have almost finished getting it all hauled home. It has been a real blessing getting good wood that is close to home.
Yesterday evening we fished in our pond for a couple hours. It is a real hoot watching the little ones reel in the bluegill! I actually pulled in a nice size largemouth bass between baiting hooks for the little ones. I would guess around a 3 pounder.
Today after church we are going to my brother's house to celebrate my mons birthday. It will be good to spend time with our family.
God bless, and keep your eyes on the sky. Jesus is coming back soon!
Tell your mother “Mathew says happy birthday”..

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Otter or Muskrat?
At first I thought it was a muskrat but after seeing it a couple more times, its an otter.

There are several of them around here, most people shoot them or trap because of the damage to fish populations.
The neighbors pond is around 8-10 acres, I highly doubt he knows they are in there & I am not telling him.

I am looking forward to watching them

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20240407_112314.jpg
IMG_20240407_112333.jpg
IMG_20240407_120944.jpg
IMG_20240407_120958.jpg
@Sawdust Man Derek, when you are filleting most perch/bass/walleye type fish in the area you can remove the bones that attach to the ribs quite easily. Just use your fingers to feel for where they begin and end and cut accordingly. Then you have a boneless fillet you can cook. Just dipped in cornmeal and fried with some homemade hot rolls today.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 415316
View attachment 415317
View attachment 415318
View attachment 415319
@Sawdust Man Derek, when you are filleting most perch/bass/walleye type fish in the area you can remove the bones that attach to the ribs quite easily. Just use your fingers to feel for where they begin and end and cut accordingly. Then you have a boneless fillet you can cook. Just dipped in cornmeal and fried with some homemade hot rolls today.
Yours looks much better than ours did,
I guess we need to practice more....lol
Sam and my daughter processed these fish and it was their first time cutting up fish, so not too terrible considering.
I'll pass on the info to the kids, hopefully it'll help them next time.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 415316
View attachment 415317
View attachment 415318
View attachment 415319
Couple questions...

A. Oil temp?

B. Batter procedure?

C. Any pre-batter work up before final coat?

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yours looks much better than ours did,
I guess we need to practice more....lol
Sam and my daughter processed these fish and it was their first time cutting up fish, so not too terrible considering.
I'll pass on the info to the kids, hopefully it'll help them next time.
Lots of practice. Next time we get a chance to do this again I will clean a couple and show you how we have always done it. A sharp, thin, flexible knife makes a big difference. After a few thousand it will get easier. ;)
Couple questions...

A. Oil temp?

B. Batter procedure?

C. Any pre-batter work up before final coat?
Temp is 350 to 360, put some cornmeal in a gallon bag and shake it, couldn't really call it a batter. Sometimes the simple things are best, you get more of the mild taste of the crappie this way. I just rinse it off some and let most of the water drain off, take it right from the bag after shaking the excess cornmeal off and straight into the fryer. Spoonbill we will use a tempura batter for with a few extras like onion powder and the like for some flavor.