High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
8:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But now that you mentioned it, I need to get that fixed...
I keep a can of WD40 near the hitch of the trailer frame and give the band and guides a shot every few cuts. It sorta helps keep the goo from sticking to the band.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
None...

My water tank cracked and I never replaced it..

But now that you mentioned it, I need to get that fixed...
I keep a can of WD40 near the hitch of the trailer frame and give the band and guides a shot every few cuts. It sorta helps keep the goo from sticking to the band.

Water makes things much easier.
I've probably mentioned this in the past, but I run a bit of laundry soap in my water.

WD40 is good... I use diesel in a squirt bottle for economic reasons, it works almost as well as WD40 but a lot cheaper.

The bands I use are .045x1.25x176
And I think they’re 9 degree cutters
Thanks for the info.
Regardless of what blades you are running, those are nice cuts.👍

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Water makes things much easier.
I've probably mentioned this in the past, but I run a bit of laundry soap in my water.

WD40 is good... I use diesel in a squirt bottle for economic reasons, it works almost as well as WD40 but a lot cheaper.

Thanks for the info.
Regardless of what blades you are running, those are nice cuts.👍
So since everything is a trade off, if I went with a 7 degree band, would it cut slower and last longer?
I really don't care about the speed at which it cuts as much as I just need it to cut straight for as long as possible.
I wish I had a debarker.. seems like the bands would last longer.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So since everything is a trade off, if I went with a 7 degree band, would it cut slower and last longer?
I really don't care about the speed at which it cuts as much as I just need it to cut straight for as long as possible.

Yes, less hook angle = less cut speed & somewhat longer blade life.......in theory...

I was always running .042" x1.25" 10° blades, then I started running .045"x1.25 x 4° they definitely hold their edge better, and the extra thickness really helps em go straight.

Some folks use 7° for a kind of happy medium, I ran 30 of those right when I started having all the trouble with chattery cuts, so my "testing" of 7's was inconclusive, unfortunately.

Currently I'm leaning towards going back to 7° 9° or 10° just because I have the sharpener & I like a more aggressive feeding blade.

The debarker definitely helps to extend the useful life of a blade.
If you are regularly sawing real dirty logs a log wizard attachment for a chainsaw is a very effective, albeit slowish way of extending blade performance...truly cleaned logs can easily double blade life, over even marginally soiled logs.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A local guy here had a bad turn of events yesterday, preliminary indications are electrical short started the fire.

Lost a combine, 2 planters, a 4000 gallon barrel of diesel, shed & other equipment.

I am about 5 mile as the crow flies, I heard the diesel barrel go & one of the front combine tires blow out.

Fortunately their were no injuries.

My cousin sent me the photo, it was taken from about 1 mile away.
88DC99A0-9BE5-4BDA-8A98-E42D86563456.jpeg

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A local guy here had a bad turn of events yesterday, preliminary indications are electrical short started the fire.

Lost a combine, 2 planters, a 4000 gallon barrel of diesel, shed & other equipment.

I am about 5 mile as the crow flies, I heard the diesel barrel go & one of the front combine tires blow out.

Fortunately their were no injuries.

My cousin sent me the photo, it was taken from about 1 mile away.
View attachment 410474
Costly!

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All it cost is money

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey everybody. I’ve got some distressing news.
Alan (AWOL) has had an accident while working with a sawmill. I don’t know any details yet other than it was with the carriage of a sawmill. I’m guessing it’s the sawmill he runs at the spring and fall tractor show in Cabool, Mo. He’s the one that works on it and keeps it running. It’s belt driven from a tractor and is a big circle saw type with a traveling carriage. Something happened with the carriage and evidently he has several broken ribs.
Rebekah is asking for prayers. Goldie and I will be going to their house Saturday after I get off work to help.
Please pray.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Alan (AWOL) has had an accident while working with a sawmill. I don’t know any details yet other than it was with the carriage of a sawmill. I’m guessing it’s the sawmill he runs at the spring and fall tractor show in Cabool, Mo. He’s the one that works on it and keeps it running. It’s belt driven from a tractor and is a big circle saw type with a traveling carriage. Something happened with the carriage and evidently he has several broken ribs.
Rebekah is asking for prayers. Goldie and I will be going to their house Saturday after I get off work to help.
Please pray.
Sorry to hear that, sending prayers his way.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Please pray.
Ouch!
Will pray for him.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good morning folks. We got a bit frosty overnite. 18f to 47f today. Maybe the cool overnites will help keep some of small flying pests numbers down a bit, as least hopefully for a couple more weeks.