High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a rather purdy stack of lumber. Do you have plans for it or do you sell it off?
No real plans.
Hopefully I can sell most of it.

Eventually I'm planning to get to finishing our house, so I'll need material for trim, cabinets, and maybe some paneling.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I know next to nothing about coffee. But I do know this.

I get it from the grocery store.
I was like that back when I was overly time constrained. However, now that I have a few additional minutes to enjoy stuff I like doing, another CAD type issue developed. Started with small batch roasted beans chopped with a cheap spice grinder, and added a mid-grade conical burr grinder to get even sized small sand sized grains of ground coffee for best flavor. To fine of a grind with powdery residue make the brewed coffee rather bitter IMO. Now if you enjoy a cup of Turkish coffee that's your prerogative.

Last edited:

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To fine of a grind with powdery residue make the brewed coffee rather bitter IMO.

I noticed that also.

I used to think that the finer the grind the better the coffee but the coffee always seemed bitter. A coarser grind seems to be best for flavor & no bitterness.

I went from drinking 2-3 pots a day for several years to no coffee at all for about 3 years. Now it’s usually 2 cups in the morning.

It’s usually just Maxwell House in the mornings here but I will occasionally get beans from Africa, Indonesia & some Jamacian Blue.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was like that back when I was overly time constrained. However, now that I have a few additional minutes to enjoy stuff I like doing, another CAD type issue developed. Started with small batch roasted beans chopped with a cheap spice grinder, and added a mid-grade conical burr grinder to get even sized small sand sized grains of ground coffee for best flavor. To fine of a grind with powdery residue make the brewed coffee rather bitter IMO. Now if you enjoy a cup of Turkish coffee that's your prerogative.
We use only fresh home ground coffee.....I don't like coffee enough to drink pre-ground stuff.
I know getting the grind right affects the flavor but haven't really made a science out of that yet.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I noticed that also.

I used to think that the finer the grind the better the coffee but the coffee always seemed bitter. A coarser grind seems to be best for flavor & no bitterness.

I went from drinking 2-3 pots a day for several years to no coffee at all for about 3 years. Now it’s usually 2 cups in the morning.

It’s usually just Maxwell House in the mornings here but I will occasionally get beans from Africa, Indonesia & some Jamacian Blue.
Currently we're enjoying Mt Comfort Peru (single origin), it's "nearly" as smooth as blue mountain or kona, but at a small fraction of the price. We get this at Costco, but they also ship from the factory, and with a large enuf order shipping fees are waived.
We use only fresh home ground coffee.....I don't like coffee enough to drink pre-ground stuff.
I know getting the grind right affects the flavor but haven't really made a science out of that yet.
For the "not" oily coffee's, I've found that the max. extraction has been with a consistence of grind that feels slightly gritty between your fingers, somewhat smaller than typical sand. I'm also using a "gold" metal coffee filter. We find that the paper filters add there own slight chemical taste, that we'd rather do without.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dug my Mac 795 with a stow cut off attachment out. Tring to get her going. It has a tank full of varnish and I need a fuel line and filter. What are you guys using to get the varnish out? And where is a good source for the fuel line and filter? I didn’t see one on the bay.
I use lacquer thinner. The nasty strong chit for removing paint and cleaning brushes.

You may have collateral damage.

Jetmd

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Smithville, MO..Born in Iowa by the grace of God
Country flag
We didn’t make that at WireCo. Traction steel wire rope. Too much liability or so I was told. 🤔
The liability along with the addition of the hemp rope would change the construction process vs normal I would guess?

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This afternoon the boys and I stacked most of the lumber I've cut in the last three days.
White oak, black walnut, hickory, ash, & cherry.
Mostly 1" but there's a bit of 2" & 2.25" material.

12' on the bottom, then 10's and 8's on top.

For reference, Sam is about 5' 9"
20240302_183441.jpg20240302_183431.jpg20240302_183507.jpg

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use lacquer thinner. The nasty strong chit for removing paint and cleaning brushes.

You may have collateral damage.
I’ve got some of that. I’ll try that. It was an auction buy tring to get her going. Where can I find a fuel line for it? Or is everyone swapping over to Tygon or something standard?