High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
2:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mornin.
Supposed to be 78 today.....I guess we'll stick the ac back in the window today.

On the way home from "fishing" last night.
View attachment 409275View attachment 409276

We've been fishing the mouth of a large creek.... we can see lots of good sized fish down there but they're not taking the bait.....still to early?
Been trying crankbaits, grub jigs, spinners, and even tried bottom fishing with hotdogs.
The water's very clear, so maybe that's part of the problem?
It's really too bad dynamite isn't legal......

Any idea what type of fish you are seeing? If carp, use a smaller hook and try a few kernels of canned corn or some earthworms threaded on the hook. With the weather changing things will start moving quickly. Just looked at this week and it is showing high of 80° on tuesday and then high of 38° on wednesday.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any idea what type of fish you are seeing? If carp, use a smaller hook and try a few kernels of canned corn or some earthworms threaded on the hook. With the weather changing things will start moving quickly. Just looked at this week and it is showing high of 80° on tuesday and then high of 38° on wednesday.
Idk what they are, most of then have a very pronounced black stripe along most of their length.
Was thinking about trying corn.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Idk what they are, most of then have a very pronounced black stripe along most of their length.
Was thinking about trying corn.
I gave the pond a half hearted try yesterday, not even a strike..

So something is “off”..

Never payed attention to moon phases, but that may have something to do with it..

Tony would know better in that front..

On catching finicky fish in clear water, try some good sized Minnows.. they are hard to resist for the fishes.

sawnami

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks! I ran across him on the Olympyk page yesterday. Sounds like he's a dealer that has some nos. Have you done business with him?
Good morning y'all!
I purchased a recoil and a spare piston from him for my 962 a while back. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

So something is “off”..

Never payed attention to moon phases, but that may have something to do with it..

On catching finicky fish in clear water, try some good sized Minnows.. they are hard to resist for the fishes.
There's been a lot of guys out in the their boats the last few days and I've not seen them catch anything either.
Maybe fish don't like the moon.....

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

So something is “off”..

There's been a lot of guys out in the their boats the last few days and I've not seen them catch anything either.
Maybe fish don't like the moon.....
I usually don't pay attention to moon phases. Probably should, dad talks about the older people and relatives watching to know when to do certain tasks. I just try to fish when I can, and sometimes it works and sometimes not. Perhaps smaller baits under a cork(bobber) worked slow. White bass are getting ready for spawning run now on Grand and paddlefish are beginning to move as well. Minnow on an aberdeen hook with a small split shot under a cork a couple feet deep is an easy way to fish as well. With deeper water and to help you cast use a slip bobber. Throw and let it sit and the wind move it or move it about a foot every 15 to 30 seconds. You can do the same with a jig instead of a minnow. Sometimes they just want the slower movement.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Beautiful afternoon in the neighborhood!

Cut up some more of the aDuncan street maple. See how long before the wood scroungers carry it away.

There’s something abouut doing with a fifty year old Homelite that is so satisfying. 😁image.jpg
Big enuf the fire pit people will leave it alone. 😈

Last edited:

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you eat carp?
We usually do not. We will eat suckers though. I can't really tell you a reason, it just seems that is how I grew up. Both are bony fish and the easiest way to prepare them is to pressure cook them to soften the fine bones in them and then pick out the larger ones that are left. Usually make a fish patty out of them with egg, cracker crumbs and some salt, then pan fry them. One of my grandfathers brothers would take every carp or buffalo that we would catch.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you eat carp?
Some like it, some don’t.
I belong to the “Don’t like it” group. My FIL retired to Lake of the Ozarks a long time ago and fished a lot. He’d catch Carp and Drum and we’d clean it for supper. Maybe it was the way he cooked it or something but it always tasted like the bottom of the lake to me.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning all, at 4:00am my 25# beagle was out squaring off with a raccoon & I found my 85# Lab curled up protecting the chow bowl...

Anyhow no sense in going back to bed, coffee is on.