High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Might as well join the fray. We’re almost as cold as you guys down South!
5020b5ec5c9f9e7b133a8c66a6351a4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plcnut

Jesus is LORD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning!
It is -7⁰ here.

@plcnut how is the new OWB working for you?
So far so good.
It is cycling every 3.5-4 hours right now.
It ran a total of 2hrs 5min from 5:30PM yesterday until 7AM this morning.
I am only pumping heat into the basement right now, and am using the central hvac blower to circulate the heat. I am not satisfied with the heat distribution from that. I am working on formulating a plan to make it better.

The propane was at 80% (500 gallon tank) when we moved here in May. It is at 58% right now. I hope to see that needle hold a bit steadier now that it is only used for cooking and the backup generator.

plcnut

Jesus is LORD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can see a wood splitter in my future... My oldest has been doing most of the splitting in the past, but with he is not here as much due to his job, and I don't have the energy to keep up with it.
I am also thinking of putting a carport with cattle panel sides on it beside the furnace to stack wood in. About a 14' x 20' with 7.5' sides should hold a good bit of stock. Carefully stacked, that would be 12 cord.

WoodAbuser

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can see a wood splitter in my future... My oldest has been doing most of the splitting in the past, but with he is not here as much due to his job, and I don't have the energy to keep up with it.
I am also thinking of putting a carport with cattle panel sides on it beside the furnace to stack wood in. About a 14' x 20' with 7.5' sides should hold a good bit of stock. Carefully stacked, that would be 12 cord.
Good idea for the carport. I t will protect the car when you drive out there from the house to throw in more wood. :car:

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I have one I’m gonna sell
37ton mtd
New cylinder and replaced the 6.5 hp briggs with a 9hp honda
Vertical or horizontal

Sent from Hoskey Hills

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
-5 here this morning. Had several fire calls last night for accidents. Was bitter cold outside last night. Woke up this morning with a couple faucets froze. Glad it wasn’t the pump light that went out and froze the well. Apparently I have a water line close to the outside wall that froze up. Got one thawed out. Working on the other. Glad I have pix pipe and not cpvc or we would have some serious issues. Stay warm out there fellas and keep the fires burning!

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
-5 here this morning. Had several fire calls last night for accidents. Was bitter cold outside last night. Woke up this morning with a couple faucets froze. Glad it wasn’t the pump light that went out and froze the well. Apparently I have a water line close to the outside wall that froze up. Got one thawed out. Working on the other. Glad I have pix pipe and not cpvc or we would have some serious issues. Stay warm out there fellas and keep the fires burning!

Glad the frozen pipes didn't cause a mess. I have had to deal with frozen, busted pipes twice, a couple decades ago and I don't care to go through that again.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The oldest daughter & her husband bought a big ol’ barn (3500 sq. ft ) on the south side of Thunderdome a year or so ago. It has an unfinished basement, with a main floor & a second story on top of that, with a large 3 car attached garage.

A large open front room with stairs going up stairs probably 20’ ceiling in this area with 10’ ceilings everywhere else. As soon as I walked in I told my wife that they would really enjoy heating & cooling it.

They struggle to keep it 75* in the summer & she called last night complaining that the upstairs was only 66* & the main floor was 62*, their furnace was running constantly as well as running 3 infrared heaters.

I have told her constantly that all that concrete was a heat sink & having their bedroom over an uninsulated garage was going to be a problem. But I am not paying the bill for the house or the utilities.

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
10b237a1742356bee5f8c54eb68eb79f.jpg

We’ll all the water lines and unfroze now. Good there for now. It was cold enough here our last duck we raised was shivering when we fed her so mama had to bring her in for a bit to let her warm up some.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening everybody,
Hope y'all are staying warm enough.
We brought the portable propane heater in, to see if we could get the floor thawed out.... it's nice n toasty in here now.... but the floor is still pretty stinkin cold....
It's 8° now, sposta get down to 4° tonight
IMG_20221223_174744.jpg

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning!
It is -7⁰ here.

So far so good.
It is cycling every 3.5-4 hours right now.
It ran a total of 2hrs 5min from 5:30PM yesterday until 7AM this morning.
I am only pumping heat into the basement right now, and am using the central hvac blower to circulate the heat. I am not satisfied with the heat distribution from that. I am working on formulating a plan to make it better.

The propane was at 80% (500 gallon tank) when we moved here in May. It is at 58% right now. I hope to see that needle hold a bit steadier now that it is only used for cooking and the backup generator.
Good to hear of successful progress
SDM we only have 3 now lol

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Moved 039 saw repair to the basement family room area rug. Toasdown here.

Good thing I put down a thick layer of newspaper over a plastic trash bag.

Fuel tank emptied itself when I removed the bottom right side AV buffer screw. [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

Some Jack leg had run an over long screw in and punched thru the tank wall.

Same *a-hole used a fuel hose as the oil pump supply line. Sans the trash strainer.

It wouldn’t oil the chain. Duh!

I had a bad feeling about this POS from the get go.

I have the feeling the saws’ owner is using me to fix his F….ups.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Moved 039 saw repair to the basement family room area rug. Toasdown here.

Good thing I put down a thick layer of newspaper over a plastic trash bag.

Fuel tank emptied itself when I removed the bottom right side AV buffer screw. [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

Some Jack leg had run an over long screw in and punched thru the tank wall.

Same *a-hole used a fuel hose as the oil pump supply line. Sans the trash strainer.

It wouldn’t oil the chain. Duh!

I had a bad feeling about this POS from the get go.

I have the feeling the saws’ owner is using me to fix his F….ups.
Yup...