High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

old cookie

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
About ash we have a few on our place quite a bit of ash around here,I am ten or so miles west of Matt. Last fall I noticed 4 or5 were loosing leaves really early.One 16 or so inch is dead. Plan on cutting it soon.How do you know if it was killed by the beatles?

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
About ash we have a few on our place quite a bit of ash around here,I am ten or so miles west of Matt. Last fall I noticed 4 or5 were loosing leaves really early.One 16 or so inch is dead. Plan on cutting it soon.How do you know if it was killed by the beatles?
Holes in the bark all the way around the trunk.

Edit: there are several ways for Ash trees to die off.

Bugs get blamed for most of it. Sorta like “Dutch elm disease” gets blamed for elm trees dying. But there are half a dozen different things that cause their premature death.

Last edited:

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

This:

Lilacborerholes.jpg

Followed by this?

emerald-ash-damage.jpg

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Those holes look like the bark beetle that got some of my folks spruce trees. Looked like someone had went around the tree with an electric drill, then they start oozing sap from the holes. Mother had some concoction that she used to ward them off for a few years but lost the recipe. It had some plug tobacco amongst other things in it.

Last edited:

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those holes look like the bark beetle that got some of my folks spruce trees. Looked like someone had went around the tree with an electric drill, then they start oozing sap from the holes. Mother had some concoction that she used to ward them off for a few years but lost the recipe. It had some plug tobacco amongst other things in it.
Tobacco that means Matt @Hedgerow and I can ward off bores for a little longer.:zpong::zpong::zpong: