High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Jetmd

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Smithville, MO..Born in Iowa by the grace of God
Country flag

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
3F1F3C4E-B568-4DD1-857A-AC600E1E4A5D.jpeg

This is based on cattle numbers.
Texas has more total than anyone, but most of those are “eared” cattle, and those may not be able to end up on the restaurant table as USDA Prime.
Meat won’t marble as well.
Soooo....

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The best breeds for quality meat.. “British breeds”
IE:
Angus
Shorthorn
Hereford
Fare better in cooler temps, thus the upper Midwest.

In the hotter states, the “Ear’d” cattle can go out and eat grass and raise calves in 100 degree temps and don’t seem to mind.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are huge amounts of Missouri feeders fattened in Western Kansas also!

We get them from all over, including Kansas, but yeah, we have tons of feedlots out here. My grandpa, dad, two uncle's, and my self for awhile, all worked at one. My Dad did for almost 50 years. We got some good sized feedlots out here.

The best breeds for quality meat.. “British breeds”
IE:
Angus
Shorthorn
Hereford
Fare better in cooler temps, thus the upper Midwest.

In the hotter states, the “Ear’d” cattle can go out and eat grass and raise calves in 100 degree temps and don’t seem to mind.

One of my Grandpa's raised Herefords. I may be biased, but that was some of the best beef I've ever had in my life. I know alot of people tout Angus, but I'm a Hereford fan. Where my Dad worked at a finish feedlot, and I had a Grandpa that raised cattle, we never ate store bought beef. So I'm a bit of a beef snob. Lol

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wife's father was an electrician for National Beef in Liberal, Ks.

National Beef now owns Prime Tanning (formerly Blueside) hide processing place in the south end of Joetown.

Had a tour of the place. Nearly lost my lunch. [emoji1785]

They have been riding high on the women’s boot craze. [emoji108]

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A proper tour of St. Joseph should include a drive down stockyards expressway.

Roll down the windows.

Your nostrils will be assaulted by a wide variety of smelly stuff, including Joetown’s wastewater treatment plant. [emoji2960]

You know what happens to cows and horses that keel over dead on the farm? There is a place on Stockyards Expressway for that.

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Roll down the windows.

Your nostrils will be assaulted by a wide variety of smelly stuff, including Joetown’s wastewater treatment plant. [emoji2960]

You know what happens to cows and horses that keel over dead on the farm? There is a place on Stockyards Expressway for that.
Could you imagine what Chicago smelled like in the early 1900’s?

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Used to haul fat hogs to St Joe in the 70s-80s and dead hogs laying all over by the chutes in the summer time!

Hence the local establishment that took them away. [emoji6]

Tankage service its called.

Two or three trucks at the livestock auction these days. Most all the holding pens have bin bulldozed away.

The Livestock Exchange is a large empty building no one knows what to do with. [emoji57]

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Roll down the windows.

All I smell is Triumph Foods; the hog processing plant. After making many a trip in there loading meat/bone & blood meal. That smell sticks with you. The first time I took my wife to the Ol’ Hoof & Horn for supper the complaints of foul odors started just before the waste water facilities & didn’t stop until we got inside to sit down. She was rather skeptical about the neighborhood we were in for supper but after having a very nice KC strip she was convinced it was just as good or better than Texas Roadhouse & a better atmosphere.

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All I smell is Triumph Foods; the hog processing plant. After making many a trip in there loading meat/bone & blood meal. That smell sticks with you. The first time I took my wife to the Ol’ Hoof & Horn for supper the complaints of foul odors started just before the waste water facilities & didn’t stop until we got inside to sit down. She was rather skeptical about the neighborhood we were in for supper but after having a very nice KC strip she was convinced it was just as good or better than Texas Roadhouse & a better atmosphere.

Are there a lot with the log buyer! Great place to eat for sure!