High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
2:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The city knocked on my door today. They told me I had a water leak, my meter was running and it was on my side of the meter. I checked the house and started checking the yard. The leak is in the area of the meter so I pumped the water out and sure enough my meter was running like crazy so I shut the water off. Plumber is coming out tomorrow.

How did they know I had a leak? It wasn't running in the street so nobody would have called them.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The city knocked on my door today. They told me I had a water leak, my meter was running and it was on my side of the meter. I checked the house and started checking the yard. The leak is in the area of the meter so I pumped the water out and sure enough my meter was running like crazy so I shut the water off. Plumber is coming out tomorrow.

How did they know I had a leak? It wasn't running in the street so nobody would have called them.
They monitor water usage. They might have seen that you were using water like a restaurant but it's a private residence.
Same thing happened to me once.

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking at a Ford 3000 diesel tractor with loader. Engines been rebuilt, so they say.
Getting oil in the radiator but none in the oil. Is this a major deal? Or fixed relatively easy?
That 3000 is a good tractor had a friend had one. Was really good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking at a Ford 3000 diesel tractor with loader. Engines been rebuilt, so they say.
Getting oil in the radiator but none in the oil. Is this a major deal? Or fixed relatively easy?
Likely a head gasket. I would run away from some other fool’s problem.. but I hate working on that *s-word..

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

When my water heater blew out the bottom they showed up the next day or the day after asking what was up. And this was a couple years before the wireless readers were installed

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just dug on google it suggested a bad oil cooler in radiator. I hadn't thought about that earlier. I'd start there then suspect head gasket or head.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just dug on google it suggested a bad oil cooler in radiator. I hadn't thought about that earlier. I'd start there then suspect head gasket or head.

Would it be possible to bypass that cooler and put on another, external oil cooler?

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The next thing I would try is rotate the tires front to back. See what that does.
He could try increasing camber on the drivers side, but no more than 3/4 to one degree positive camber final adjustment.
Keep in mind camber is a tire wearing angle. Too much is bad. It's better to increase castor on the right wheel. Castor is not a tire wearing angle.
When I did alignments I always shot for factory specs unless special circumstances.
Generally I would set drivers side at 3/4 degree positive camber and 1/4 to 1/2 positive right side.
Castor at about 1 to 1 1 /4 positive passenger side and about 3/4 positive drivers side.
1/8 inch toe in. Wider tires require more toe in.
Steering axis inclination can be a problem that needs to be checked, too. Also check the thrust angle and compensate for it.
Also, it's proper to replace ball joints in pairs. If you do 1 lower, do the other lower also to keep things matched.
With the above being said, vehicles built in the last 20 years or so Don't have the capability to adjust camber and castor, mainly cars. They have an "operating range" that the factory says is "satisfactory" and the only thing you can do is set the toe-in. (I say that's BS.) Companies do make specialized shims and ball joint adjustors that can be installed to put things back to where they should be.
I really enjoyed doing alignments. Everybody else in the shop thought it was dark magic. But it's really fairly simple.
Thanks much
This is a young guy so doubt he’s got much real-world experience. Says it would align better with new tires; i say swapping front tires with same results puts the lie to that. He also said the machine compensates for normal road crown.
May have to find another shop