High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good afternoon,

Hope everyone is well.

Just wanted to send a Thank You out to Carl for inviting me to his Coffee Klatch.

I am very honored to be associated with a Great group of people like those I have met through
the chainsaw forum's.

Good, hard working, honest friends.

View attachment 190865
Rough crowd. :)

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What did you coat it with?
A mixture Matt recommended.
About a gallon of diesel fuel, a gallon of used engine oil, (which I seem to have an abundance of) and some red newspaper ink. (Matt said a few tablespoon fulls, I made it strong. About 2 cups.) :eek:
I put great globs of ink into the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket, poured in the diesel. Not much color change. ( The ink is about as thick as putty. Really nasty, sticky stuff.) Then dumped in the used oil. Instantly turned it black. I thought, is this gonna work? Used a metal paint stir wand thing on a drill set on high speed. Lo and behold it started, slowly, turning a deep red. Absolutely amazing. Used a 3/8 nap paint roller on a pole, dipped in the bucket to apply it. Really nice red on the wood. 2nd coat made it deeper. Got home this evening, it was dry and a deeper red.
I like it. I'll do my big trailer the same next. :)

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone know how the purge bulb system is supposed to be hooked up on a Echo hedge trimmer?
6dca8b51c5286346744cbb9ecc957f76.jpg

Carb has two purge bulb spigots. WTH!
cceb20b34f661024b6ac145ce40667f7.jpg
If there is a return into tank my money wood be on that. Otherwise pumping wood be way too rich to start. but I KNOW NOTHING!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
About a gallon of diesel fuel, a gallon of used engine oil, (which I seem to have an abundance of) and some red newspaper ink. (Matt said a few tablespoon fulls, I made it strong. About 2 cups.) :eek:
I put great globs of ink into the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket, poured in the diesel. Not much color change. ( The ink is about as thick as putty. Really nasty, sticky stuff.) Then dumped in the used oil. Instantly turned it black. I thought, is this gonna work? Used a metal paint stir wand thing on a drill set on high speed. Lo and behold it started, slowly, turning a deep red. Absolutely amazing. Used a 3/8 nap paint roller on a pole, dipped in the bucket to apply it. Really nice red on the wood. 2nd coat made it deeper. Got home this evening, it was dry and a deeper red.

I could see what we have for old UV ink. It'll cure as soon as the sun hits it lol.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I get the oil and the diesel. Does the red ink do anything other than add color?

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If there is a return into tank my money wood be on that. Otherwise pumping wood be way too rich to start. but I KNOW NOTHING!

This is how it worked out with Jeff’s help.
1881fc5dabd6f19f95919c1eb77482f4.jpg

The orange is just a vent tube open on the end.

Anyhow it runs. [emoji16]

Needs a muff mod. [emoji848]

Onward to learn lubrication (?) and adjustment. The bolts/nuts holding the bars together are loose. Don’t know if they supposed to be tight?

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wheels have been turning on the trailer deck ‘paint’.

How about raw linseed oil plus mineral spirits plus printer’s ink?

Raw linseed nearly never dries, mineral spirits will make it soak way in dry lumber and the ink would make it pretty. [emoji848]