How A STIHL Guide Bar Is Made - video

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
5:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This 'How It's Made' type video / animation has a number of technical errors in their 'exploded' art depiction, and in the way they show a tree being cut. And it does not show how a chainsaw 'works', despite its title. But some interesting footage on how a STIHL hollow core bar is mass produced:

http://www.sciencechannel.com/tv-sh...22e&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

" . . . the key to the chainsaw's power isn't the teeth, it is the flat piece of metal that the chain runs around . . . " ???? !!!

Philbert

sweepleader

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
"15,000 volts" ?? Ya, there are a few questionable items there. Typical failure of the interviewer to actually understand the interviewee although you would think that Stihl would have reviewed the content before publication... Oh well, as you mentioned it is interesting to see the inside a a hollow bar.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe that was the E bar, not the new light weight one? They are my favorite in 20 &24".

They have been very durable for me, reasonable cost, and almost as light as the premium (Sugi) light weight bars at less than 1/2 the price. Don't see the 24" offered any more.