Hiway cylinder kits on Ebay

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
11:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was wondering if the mods or owners of the site could offer information about this kit I found this morning on Ebay. Ebay item # 151956573747

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-BORE-ST...573747?hash=item2361514e33:g:In4AAOSwGotWn0-Q

Two initial questions. (1). It states that the kit is "ceramic". I believe HL Supply is directly connected with the Hiway brand. I looks like the list is broken English (no disrespect intended).
Is it ceramic, or is it Nikasil (if indeed Hiway).

(2). I have used quite a few Hiway products. Many of them bought on line at the website. All of those have been very high quality products. I have, however, purchased some on Ebay that were listed as Hiway to have them come in other packaging and the quality less than desirable. I was told by a supplier that the seller on Ebay essentially lied. (This I certainly believe).

Any help with this inquiry is greatly appreciated! ;)

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't doubt your findings. That's why I recommend dealing with HL Supply. Mastermind has a few in his shop and can't say anything but good things about the quality, but on eBay who knows which is the true Hyway and which is a knockoff. The kits are from 'Hyway' not 'Hiway' so for one if they do spell it that way then that would be a pretty bright red flag as to phony. Nikasil is what the Hyway cylinders are labeled as. And not only that (I mean this in the least prick way possible). The 44.7mm isn't a big bore so that for one is a lie to you. Second off, just consider this forum was offered by the funding of HL Supply. From a user point of view, just realize that your looking for advice on a purchase of the same listed product from another source. I could see if it was $60 more or so but as a gesture I would like to think the info you gain from this site, not just this post, is worth the minor difference in price especially once shipping is taken into consideration. Just my opinion.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't doubt your findings. That's why I recommend dealing with HL Supply. Mastermind has a few in his shop and can't say anything but good things about the quality, but on eBay who knows which is the true Hyway and which is a knockoff. The kits are from 'Hyway' not 'Hiway' so for one if they do spell it that way then that would be a pretty bright red flag as to phony. Nikasil is what the Hyway cylinders are labeled as. And not only that (I mean this in the least prick way possible). The 44.7mm isn't a big bore so that for one is a lie to you. Second off, just consider this forum was offered by the funding of HL Supply. From a user point of view, just realize that your looking for advice on a purchase of the same listed product from another source. I could see if it was $60 more or so but as a gesture I would like to think the info you gain from this site, not just this post, is worth the minor difference in price especially once shipping is taken into consideration. Just my opinion.

The spelling error was completely mine (i.e. Hiway). I actually purchased some "Hyway" things off of Ebay long before I learned about HL Supply (The discovery of HL Supply was a very good one I might add :D). If you read the ad from the link it clearly states these are "ceramic". The packaging is the same as the last order (1 week ago or so) from HL Supply. The purpose of my post was to clarify how much of this stuff is out there and to clarify if there were two different finishes in the cylinders.

As for the "big bore" terminology I realize that is thrown around by quite a few sellers. I concur that .7mm is not a huge jump from the standard 44mm. I do appreciate the forum and the fine quality parts and service that HL Supply is providing. Thanks for your input. :hello:

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The spelling error was completely mine (i.e. Hiway). I actually purchased some "Hyway" things off of Ebay long before I learned about HL Supply (The discovery of HL Supply was a very good one I might add :D). If you read the ad from the link it clearly states these are "ceramic". The packaging is the same as the last order (1 week ago or so) from HL Supply. The purpose of my post was to clarify how much of this stuff is out there and to clarify if there were two different finishes in the cylinders.

As for the "big bore" terminology I realize that is thrown around by quite a few sellers. I concur that .7mm is not a huge jump from the standard 44mm. I do appreciate the forum and the fine quality parts and service that HL Supply is providing. Thanks for your input. :hello:

sorry for the butt in...but...there are two different "bores" for the 026/260 series saws.
early ones came with 44mm and a later edition with 44.7 whatever that is worth.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
sorry for the butt in...but...there are two different "bores" for the 026/260 series saws.
early ones came with 44mm and a later edition with 44.7 whatever that is worth.

Yes sir that's what we were discussing. The seller posted the add as a "big bore" as if 44.7mm was a big bore compared to a 44mm.
We're on the same page boss. :hello:

Last edited:

SixGun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seller only has 3 feedback .
Not to step on any toes but I do a lot of business on Ebay and I wouldn't buy from someone with that few.
Always try to buy from top rated sellers who have to provide superior customer service.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It also just says hyway piston. Doesn't say it's a hyway cylinder

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought one off eBay for a ts400 didn't know about hl supply the exhaust bolt holes wasn't drilled and tapped fixed it myself and the piston was cracked on the bottom I had a customer needing it for a job so I used the rings and cleaned up the piston still running after a year but it's best to deal with a reputable company avoid the hassle.