Help replacing a stolen saw

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
3:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My brother in law had his saws stolen from his garage a couple nights ago,
A new 291 and a like new 461 I got and ported then gave him for his birthday last summer.

I'm giving him the 262 al ported for the Christmas thread but need help with a 461,I need box of saw or a peice or 2 here and there to build one from.

I can't afford to get him another new one so I figured the cheapest way to replace it is with used parts or a blew up one.

He's one of the best men I've ever known and needs these saws so anything anybody can do to help is appreciated.

Thanks
Jason Stratton

Jchin

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jason, sorry to hear about your brother's saws. Do you think a complete Stihl 044 would work for him? It is sitting on my shelf and maybe he could use it.
I can send it to you and you can check it out. You got to take care of your family.
I have brothers too and we take care of each other when something bad occurs.
Let me know. Jack

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Jason, sorry to hear about your brother's saws. Do you think a complete Stihl 044 would work for him? It is sitting on my shelf and maybe he could use it.
I can send it to you and you can check it out. You got to take care of your family.
Let me know. Jack
That will be great jack.
You are a good man

Bmezz88

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Let me know. Jack
One hell of a guy right here!! :thumbsup:

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
Everything is taken care of and I just told him abut it a few minutes ago.
He had no idea,I had a ruff and tumble 52 year old man's man get sloppy bawling on me.
Pretty good feeling that you guys have gave me and definitely him.

Again thank you for everything.

Jchin

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jason, just an update. I dropped off the 044 at UPS center here in Rhode Island and it's on its way to you. I will PM you on the tracking number.
While I was wiping down the 044 for its Voyage to the Polar Express....... I noticed a few things. The top cylinder cover had the metal Stihl 044 badge with two rivets still on it. So that got me a little curious.... I took off spark plug, then the cylinder cover, and their appears a Stihl 1128 angle fin cylinder, so it must be a 10mm... Nice...... I think your brother will enjoy this little Christmas present.
Just fill it with oil and mixed fuel and give it a time trial as we say in drag racing.
Do what you do best Jason.....
I am going to take a shower, then a nice nap.... Have fun Santa.....

Jack