Efco 72c/12.5H ride on mower.

sherlock349

Active OPE Member
Local time
1:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 2001 Efco 72C/12.5h ride on mower. (Sometimes called Hydro) which I believe refers to the hydrostatic drive. I also think the same mower is branded as Mountfield.
It’s thrown the drive belt and I have been able to remove it fairly easily just by lifting it over the pulleys.
The belt has broken down and is in poor condition. I have ordered a replacement but cannot find anything online about procedure to refit. It looks fairly simple but to be sure does anyone have a service manual or any advice on how to go about it.
Thanks
Martin

sherlock349

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Ray, I have seen that and it is pretty sparse. Someone else put a comment up saying they had tried to fit a belt but it was too slack and so they were unsure of the routing. It looks to be an obvious fit, I’m just trying to preempt a possible mistake. Even a routing diagram would help.

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the pics of an efco mower showed a simple 2 pulley routing with a spring tensioner wheel pushing in the middle. Maybe @backhoelover would have a routing diagram.

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
8:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
just send mayfield an email. i have worked on 1 or 2 efco-mayfield mowers before and they have send me service manuals both times

sherlock349

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for all the replies, the belt turned up and went on no problem , it was kind of obvious I was just trying to be sure.

Thanks again