Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get a life Wilhelm! Chainsaws are silly. Lol!! :p
I am on vacation and chainsaws ARE life as long as You make their usage enjoyable!
I haven't utilized my chainsaws for my own purpose and enjoyment for almost a year!
This IS me enjoying life! :cool:
Unfortunately these saws and my Dragon Slayer ax are so effective I have but half a log left to play with. :(
Ok, fine. Here is my family @Wilhelm !!!

View attachment 360190
Eeeeecckkkk, why TF are they all blue?! :eek:

Just kidding, I have a teal EA4300 and I am considering to pick up a teal EA7300. ;)
I know they are Dolmar in their souls & hearts, so all is good! :cool:

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am on vacation and chainsaws ARE life as long as You make their usage enjoyable!
I haven't utilized my chainsaws for my own purpose and enjoyment for almost a year!
This IS me enjoying life! :cool:
Unfortunately these saws and my Dragon Slayer ax are so effective I have but half a log left to play with. :(

Eeeeecckkkk, why TF are they all blue?! :eek:

Just kidding, I have a teal EA4300 and I am considering to pick up a teal EA7300. ;)
I know they are Dolmar in their souls & hearts, so all is good! :cool:
Come to the Smurf side, you’ll never go back!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Come to the Smurf side, you’ll never go back!
I won't reject a Smurfet in need of a new home and gladly take her in!
I am good with my redheads though and they aren't going nowhere if I can help it.

:cool:

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
3:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Soooo, despite reading that lots of well respected saw men think that HD filters are a step backwards, I bought and fitted one because I like a high top saw.
Howeverrrrr, my cylinder cover is a smooth glossy plastic, but the HD is a matte textured plastic. Just doesn't look right to me.
Did I order the wrong one?
20230219_143112.jpg20230219_151119.jpg

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
8:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Soooo, despite reading that lots of well respected saw men think that HD filters are a step backwards, I bought and fitted one because I like a high top saw.
Howeverrrrr, my cylinder cover is a smooth glossy plastic, but the HD is a matte textured plastic. Just doesn't look right to me.
View attachment 372422View attachment 372423
At one point(maybe they still do?) some sellers of the HD filter kit included the textured cylinder cover with the kit. Perhaps someone has one on here they're willing to part with?

Shane¹

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think they used to make them in glossy black @av8or3 might know I think he was looking for a glossy one a while back and may have found one. If not I got a matte cylinder cover but they are top side decomp

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
10:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 372422View attachment 372423

Order a new cylinder cover?

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys are worse than women, always something that doesn't suit You.

The cylinder covers that I purchased so far all came with the DeCo hole cast shut.
Just drill a hole where You need it, or plug the valve.

Jeez ...

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The cylinder covers that I purchased so far all came with the DeCo hole cast shut.

Jeez ...
Repped

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
3:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Jeez ...
Well that would work too if its matte. Got a part number mate, coz the number you gave earlier shows as hole to the right in the images I saw is all.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The HD filter covers changed from gloss to matte not that many years ago.
The top covers were gloss on the PS-7900 and matte on the PS-7910/EA7900. I have several saws with the matte top cover and gloss HD filter cover. There's been too many top cover finishes and colors, gloss black-matte black-grey-red, and only two HD filter covers. You're bound to get a mismatch somewhere. Lol.

@Kiwioilboiler I probably have a new gloss black HD filter cover that I'd trade you for a matte one. Shipping is probably gonna kill it, though.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There some nice saws in this thread Gentlman. 👍👍

The only drawback is it makes me want to go out and buy more of these things!! Wait, is that a drawback?

Quick question. I have searched for the awnser, but it seems to be a voiding me.

Is the difference between the early 7900 windowed piston and the non windowed newer 7900/7910 piston, big enough to warrant swapping out to the windowless piston while the saw is apart? Is there a noticeable difference in how the saw makes power between the two pistons?

Itcould be fun to do a back to back test between the two on a dyno.same saw same specs, just the piston swapped. Where's dyno Joe when you need him? Hahaha.

Thanks!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The HD filter covers changed from gloss to matte not that many years ago.
The top covers were gloss on the PS-7900 and matte on the PS-7910/EA7900. I have several saws with the matte top cover and gloss HD filter cover. There's been too many top cover finishes and colors, gloss black-matte black-grey-red, and only two HD filter covers. You're bound to get a mismatch somewhere. Lol.

@Kiwioilboiler I probably have a new gloss black HD filter cover that I'd trade you for a matte one. Shipping is probably gonna kill it, though.

If you fellas need help on shipping, let me know. I get a good discount.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There some nice saws in this thread Gentlman. 👍👍

The only drawback is it makes me want to go out and buy more of these things!! Wait, is that a drawback?

Quick question. I have searched for the awnser, but it seems to be a voiding me.

Is the difference between the early 7900 windowed piston and the non windowed newer 7900/7910 piston, big enough to warrant swapping out to the windowless piston while the saw is apart? Is there a noticeable difference in how the saw makes power between the two pistons?

Itcould be fun to do a back to back test between the two on a dyno.same saw same specs, just the piston swapped. Where's dyno Joe when you need him? Hahaha.

Thanks!
No gains to be made that I’m aware of. Not entirely certain there are much for gains even with port work, aside from the slab skirt being slightly wider

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No gains to be made that I’m aware of. Not entirely certain there are much for gains even with port work, aside from the slab skirt being slightly wider
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the slab side would help direct the air/fuel mixture better towards the lowers.

Is there a difference in weight? I don't feel like spending 100.00 plus for a piston to get some specs. Haha.