ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shows to the expertise and quality build at hand.

Too many sub par builders ruin it for the very few exceptional ones.

They DO last and they DO a lot of great work.

Not everyone that advertises port work is of the same caliber.

DO you research, then DO even more research, before embarking on a journey that too many say is not worth it.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
4:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes. I'll use Saber if that's all I have.....but Dominator is the oil I prefer. It runs very clean, and tunes crisper than any oil I've used.
Besides it’s cleaning abilities & obviously it’s lubrication characteristics, I like Red Armor because it doesn’t smell like a burning water bottle full of cat piss when you run it.

Ammmm, Stihl Synthetic.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Besides it’s cleaning abilities & obviously it’s lubrication characteristics, I like Red Armor because it doesn’t smell like a burning water bottle full of cat piss when you run it.

Ammmm, Stihl Synthetic.
Cleaning abilities?

20230731_121902.jpg

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My mufflers look like that too, with some pitch mixed in also. I'm a big red armor fan here, like stated above, it doesn't smell bad and doesn't give me a headache from the fumes
The way it coats the inside of the muffler with goop is why I hate it. Imagine trying to get the steel shavings out of a closed style muffler after doing a muffler mod with tar inside of it. That's what I've encountered too many times to be ok with any oil that leaves such a mess behind.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The way it coats the inside of the muffler with goop is why I hate it. Imagine trying to get the steel shavings out of a closed style muffler after doing a muffler mod with tar inside of it. That's what I've encountered too many times to be ok with any oil that leaves such a mess behind.

Dang it, I just bought some red armor!

I've previously used Maxima K2 which is great... I just wish it had more dye in it.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I could be wrong, and then there's the variables.. but I burn red armor anywhere from 40-60:1 depending on who mixed the gas and it doesn't seem to do that.

That looks like the combo of too much oil and pig rich...that looks 32-6:1 to me.

12 years is a record for a tree service saw that gets used regularly for 10 months of the year. I consider 5 years a victory.

lohan808

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy, that teardown is a testament to the skill and quality you bring straight out the gate. I am sure my 362c will be in much the same condition in a decade, minus that filthy Red Armor sludge.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I could be wrong, and then there's the variables.. but I burn red armor anywhere from 40-60:1 depending on who mixed the gas and it doesn't seem to do that.

That looks like the combo of too much oil and pig rich...that looks 32-6:1 to me.

12 years is a record for a tree service saw that gets used regularly for 10 months of the year. I consider 5 years a victory.
At 50:1, and a proper tune....it might be different. But every saw I see that has been run on Red Armor looks just like this.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMO it's not that scuffed and not much scorched ..However it's not my saw and not my work but I have some much worse off and they appear to run great ,usually .I do however at times exercise my knowledge of the profane which doesn't make them run any better but it feels good to just let it out .

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMO it's not that scuffed and not much scorched ..However it's not my saw and not my work but I have some much worse off and they appear to run great ,usually .I do however at times exercise my knowledge of the profane which doesn't make them run any better but it feels good to just let it out .
It would have been fine just to keep running it. Heath just had this idea for a thread....and here we are.

2000ssm6

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No doubt they last. I had bought a ported 460 from Jasha long ago that was well worn by him, lasted a few years with me and ran great. Can’t remember who I sold it to but I’m sure they got the same results as we did.

Out of many ported saws I’ve had, the only one I killed was smashed by a tree.