High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Cold Weather Cutting

jimmorrison

Riding on the storm
Local time
11:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
4 speed with a granny gear? Damn hard to kill, even with a blown head gasket from detonation. If you can add water fast enough, it will keep running.

StandInTheFire

Sheriff of Mad Woman Gulch
Local time
10:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yup. It's a 4 speed. Still holds coolant just fine. No holes in any pistons. Gear driven cam, so timing components seldom fail either. It does make a nice portable firewood storage unit.

Cigmaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20161015_180129.jpg
Yup. It's a 4 speed. Still holds coolant just fine. No holes in any pistons. Gear driven cam, so timing components seldom fail either. It does make a nice portable firewood storage unit.

Got me feeling all warm and fuzzy about my junk truck. You can see the tail end 89 ford straight 6 with a 4 speed.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Although it doesn't get that cold in northern Ohio any more when it did those saws would really run .That cold dense air you could back out the high speed a tad and off to the races.It takes fuel to make power but it takes oxygen to support the fuel .
When it did get to 15 below I never had a problem starting the saws although that cold I preferred to play adult games inside the house under the sheets rather than cutting wood .I often used auto tranny fluid instead of bar oil then .
After over twenty years of working construction I'd just as soon leave that cold weather to Eskimos and polar bears .Snow mobiles might be fun to some but I'd prefer a nice chase lounge with a cold one on a beach in Florida in Jan.