Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
8:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi folks
I bought one of these Chinese saw kits to do and plan to put it together 100% stock and test it, then do some surgery and see how it goes.

Does anyone have any good 361 numbers that work?

The farmertec cylinder measures 104/p-125/s-125/70 with the gasket and .045 squish

Having a lip on the cylinder and noy owning a lathe limits me to gasket delete only :(

IMG_2117.JPG

IMG_2118.JPG

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi folks
I bought one of these Chinese saw kits to do and plan to put it together 100% stock and test it, then do some surgery and see how it goes.

Does anyone have any good 361 numbers that work?

The farmertec cylinder measures 104/p-125/s-125/70 with the gasket and .045 squish

Having a lip on the cylinder and noy owning a lathe limits me to gasket delete only :(

View attachment 78426

View attachment 78427
Good i was hoping someone would build one.
I've got a friend wanting a kit i will show him this thread.

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I struck an issue.
The clutch drum bearing race is slightly undersize and wont go on the shaft over the bearing.
I don't use the Huztl clutch drums because of inconsistencies and this is why.
I have a worn one from an 044 here that will fit. I will use that to get it going.

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Other things I have found so far.
The piston that came with the kit has a yellow dot on it and has a different piston window casting shape with closed off windows.
I also bought a 2nd 361 piston to use to cut the band if needed and it was much better so I used it instead. It had the usual blue dot on it.

IMG_2123.JPG

Yellow dot piston that came with the kit:
IMG_2121.JPG

blue dot piston that came in a box separate in the same order:
IMG_2122.JPG

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lower transfers are not staggered.
Chauffeuring was done by a blind person having a fit.
Lowers are very closed off at the base but that's easy to fix.

I was thinking 102/P122/S124/78 so I was close to Al's thoughts.

I also have a Techomech top end kit on the way for it just because I could :)

IMG_2124.JPG

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lower transfers are not staggered.
Chauffeuring was done by a blind person having a fit.
Lowers are very closed off at the base but that's easy to fix.

I was thinking 102/P122/S124/78 so I was close to Al's thoughts.

I also have a Techomech top end kit on the way for it just because I could :)

View attachment 78438
Wow that's rough.
i bought 5 cylinder kits from huztl recently for 372s and they were fine after chamfering the port edges.

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just put a worn Stihl clutch drum on and it goes on fine.

Just found another issue, the coil mounting posts have been machined down too far and the plastic of the coil hits the case before it sits on the posts, so I will have to use spacers to mount the coil.

They will be fine if you fix the issues as you go but you can see why so many that cant identify this stuff call them rubbish.

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OEM 361s are very good saws. I'm curious to see what you think of its performance in your hardwoods down there.

I'd say 50% of clutch drums I've tried from Asia are rough or unusable. I get them with clutches once in a while on ebay (just really need the clutch, which are great with oem springs). I don't mind their needle bearings for drums, but won't use the piston pin bearings.

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OEM 361s are very good saws. I'm curious to see what you think of its performance in your hardwoods down there.

I'd say 50% of clutch drums I've tried from Asia are rough or unusable. I get them with clutches once in a while on ebay (just really need the clutch, which are great with oem springs). I don't mind their needle bearings for drums, but won't use the piston pin bearings.

100% agree
The clutches are good but the drums are *s-worde!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only OEM stuff in my 660 is the piston clips and chain adjuster and plug. Everything else came with the kit, although I replaced the decomp valve with another from the same maker. The plastic cap fell off, and even though it still worked, I did not want to take the chance that it would fall into the cylinder. I had extras from a previous order. (Note: I got the Cross P&C with it, which includes Caber rings).

We will test how things hold up. I even plan to mill a bit with it. That should test it!

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Its all a game of matching the saw to the chain and sprocket for the timber you cut.
I run a 13" 325 bar on my 024
I run a 16" 325 bar on my 026
The 026 will pull an 8 tooth but is slower. Cant lean on it at all in hardwood.
Put it in pine and it almost kept up with a ported 044
Runs strong with a 7 tooth.

I run a 20" with a 7 tooth on my ported 044 that runs a WJ carb and its very strong.

log killed the chain fast with the dirt core.

25" bar I run on an 064 or 066 or 181.

Over that in Aussie hardwood its ported 084 or 090

Its why I have 8 saws over 70cc and 2 under... the little one are great for the sticks.

I have always considered the 60cc range a nothing range but am keen to see what I can make them do

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only OEM stuff in my 660 is the piston clips and chain adjuster and plug. Everything else came with the kit, although I replaced the decomp valve with another from the same maker. The plastic cap fell off, and even though it still worked, I did not want to take the chance that it would fall into the cylinder. I had extras from a previous order. (Note: I got the Cross P&C with it, which includes Caber rings).

We will test how things hold up. I even plan to mill a bit with it. That should test it!
Sweet. I have two AM pin bearings in 064s. I think most reported issues were with other models but still, just oem for me from now on.