High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Case splitter buggered up the case HELP

Socalmisfit

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So I got a case splitter and split some cases last night. The side that is recessed got buggered up. Was wondering if anyone has dealt with this and how buggered up is too bad. I made sure the tool was seated but it pulled up into the case, so now I have some smear marks. All feedback is appreciated, thanks.

Socalmisfit

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I don’t enjoy using this tool :(

Attachments

• 5AFD7693-D151-4DCD-9123-AD6FB77F5DFF.jpeg
    5AFD7693-D151-4DCD-9123-AD6FB77F5DFF.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 107

Socalmisfit

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That isn't going to hurt anything. Just smooth those marks out with a Dremel and install your new bearings and seals and you're good to go.
Here is another question, I have another set of cases I pulled apart to find the bearing spun on the pto side. Is it safe to run another half case with the case that’s good, or is better to get a set? Also trying to fix the bearing pocket itself, I’ve read how it’s been done but looking for the best option, and if that is the trash well then that’s what it is.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is another question, I have another set of cases I pulled apart to find the bearing spun on the pto side. Is it safe to run another half case with the case that’s good, or is better to get a set? Also trying to fix the bearing pocket itself, I’ve read how it’s been done but looking for the best option, and if that is the trash well then that’s what it is.

What saw model is it? Husqvarnas and Jonsereds are easy to mix and match case halves on, because even different case halves within the same model almost always line up correctly. Stihls, not so much.

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You could try and stake the bearing pocket. Loctite bearing and sleeve retainer works well. If i remember right dolmar/Makita uses it to hold there bearings in.

Socalmisfit

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You could try and stake the bearing pocket. Loctite bearing and sleeve retainer works well. If i remember right dolmar/Makita uses it to hold there bearings in.
I was looking into it, I brought all cases over to my dads and got bearings installed in the good cases. We looked and it’s 4 thousandths slop, he brought up preening the case and I told him about the loctite. After I get this saw together I might try it and see if she holds.

Socalmisfit

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Husqvarna c style splitter?

Make sure the jaws are settled over the crank lobes as far as possible. Then, see where the pressure points are and move things around as needed.

JJ is spot on as usual.
First time using it, next time I guess I’ll be more patient :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 18

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First time using it, next time I guess I’ll be more patient :(
If you are using that style splitter on a small crank, you can use a small C-clamp to squeeze the splitter arms closer together so they rest on the bearing and not the case.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was looking into it, I brought all cases over to my dads and got bearings installed in the good cases. We looked and it’s 4 thousandths slop, he brought up preening the case and I told him about the loctite. After I get this saw together I might try it and see if she holds.
They make steel long loose leaf feeler gauges in 0.001 0.0015 0.002 0.004 ect