Borescope recommendation?

Oldbuzzard

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m looking for Borescope recommendations. There are plenty of cheap ones on Amazon but they all seem to require down loading an app, which I despise doing. I would rather pay more money and get a stand alone piece of equipment.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
3:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m looking for Borescope recommendations. There are plenty of cheap ones on Amazon but they all seem to require down loading an app, which I despise doing. I would rather pay more money and get a stand alone piece of equipment.
I have a DEPSTECH brand one that I use for occasional use. Three cameras, one straight, two one sides you can change between. Been pretty useful for the times I needed it. Reviews have been good and it is a stand alone unit.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
4:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a depstech that I use along with my phone for a screen. I had to download an app but it works OK. Just another plug for the name, since the one Tony^ has is a standalone

Oldbuzzard

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a DEPSTECH brand one that I use for occasional use. Three cameras, one straight, two one sides you can change between. Been pretty useful for the times I needed it. Reviews have been good and it is a stand alone unit.
Have you got the model number?
Thanks, Scott

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an old Olympus that came over on the Mayflower .It's optics are good but it requires a light source and doesn't have a camera .If you could find one they are not usually inexpensive .Mine was a freebie no longer used at work .

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you got the model number?
Thanks, Scott
Its the DS520. I think it was on sale when I got it, but I liked the idea of the longer cable for working on the house if I needed to look into a wall or somewhere that I needed the extra reach. This is the amazon link.
Scope

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the cal-van tools as my tool guy stocks it on his tool truck. Works great for everything I’ve used it for. WiFi to your phone screen with the app. No complaints

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an old Olympus that came over on the Mayflower .It's optics are good but it requires a light source and doesn't have a camera .If you could find one they are not usually inexpensive .Mine was a freebie no longer used at work .
Nice.

Those worked the best in my opinion.

How much was the fair for Main Cabin?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have no idea what Main Cabin means ,However on the old technoigy of my borescope it was all visual and required adusting of the light source to actually seeing what you are looking at .I got it on a scrap pass at work because it was no longer used . Handy but not really used that often .

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also have a Depstech. Model number DS300. It's a stand alone. For less than 70.00 on Amazon, I'm really impressed.