Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
8:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have never touched a large frame top tank mac! You're on your own as far as specific help from me. But i can tell you they probably are strait forward as a saw goes.

Watch so you dont loose any rod bearings when you unbolt it from the crank. I learned the hard way...

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
6:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have never touched a large frame top tank mac! You're on your own as far as specific help from me. But i can tell you they probably are strait forward as a saw goes.

Watch so you dont loose any rod bearings when you unbolt it from the crank. I learned the hard way...
Yeah it seems the rod bearings for these are hard to come by as well. @Bigmac has been giving me some tips so far, and has been a big help. Got the socket and 2 sets of bolts here now.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have several saws with the fixed jet carburetors, PM55, SP80, SP105, SP125...for a work saw I would not consider a different carburetor. For a cookie cutter, a fully adjustable carburetor will help you achieve a few more RPM.

The truth is the 105/125 are pretty simple to work on other than servicing the automatic oil pump...you have to pull the tank off the top or the oil tank off the front of the saw to get the automatic pump off.

Mark

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have several saws with the fixed jet carburetors, PM55, SP80, SP105, SP125...for a work saw I would not consider a different carburetor. For a cookie cutter, a fully adjustable carburetor will help you achieve a few more RPM.

The truth is the 105/125 are pretty simple to work on other than servicing the automatic oil pump...you have to pull the tank off the top or the oil tank off the front of the saw to get the automatic pump off.

Mark
Good to know about the fixed jet. Going to be tearing down the saw to do a good cleaning, and new rings while it's apart. The saw sat for a long time, and was very dirty inside the cylinder. Should I just leave the auto oiler alone, or are there things I should check? Thanks for any help Mark.

Last edited:

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good to know about the fixed jet. Going to be tearing down the saw to do a good cleaning, and new rings while it's apart. The saw sat for a long time, and was very dirty inside the cylinder. Should I just leave the auto oiler alone, or are there things I should check? Thanks for any help Mark.
Personal I would not take the Oiler apart, they rarely fail, and gasket and parts are not easy to get, cross that bridge when you get there! Lol I don’t take them apart unless mandatory, I clean the screen when I have the tank off, and pull the manual Oiler piston and check the o-ring, and check for any issues, but I leave the auto Oiler alone, I have a hard time finding gaskets. On these saws I would replace a lot of parts if they were readily available, but a lot of parts aren’t! Unfortunately!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Personal I would not take the Oiler apart, they rarely fail, and gasket and parts are not easy to get, cross that bridge when you get there! Lol I don’t take them apart unless mandatory, I clean the screen when I have the tank off, and pull the manual Oiler piston and check the o-ring, and check for any issues, but I leave the auto Oiler alone, I have a hard time finding gaskets. On these saws I would replace a lot of parts if they were readily available, but a lot of parts aren’t! Unfortunately!

That sounds right up this slackers alley lol.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Before killing this thread I would like to say a big thank you to Dale @Daserlon. He made getting this 125 happen, and all for the killer price of $150 lol.