Atgiro01

Active OPE Member
Local time
12:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I’m looking to pick up a starter automotive power tools set to be able to work on my car (B8 avant) down at college. If anyone has recommendations for specific tools and tool/socket/bit sets, it would be greatly appreciated if you could drop a comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steelie90

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Power tool wise, Milwaukee is hard to beat IMO. If you’re willing to spend a little money on a kit for socket and wrenches, bluepoint (snap-on) makes some great starter sets at reasonable prices. They will come with wrenches, bits, sockets and ratchets in a blow molded case. Otherwise a good craftsman set or gear wrench set will serve you well.
I recommend at least a 3/8 impact and electric ratchet. Sae and metric combo wrenches and shallow n deep sockets, chrome and impact 6-19mm and 1/4-1”. A decent screwdriver set and a couple hammers. And a little Autel pocket scanner is nice for those pesky faults.

Spend the most your funds allow. Quality tools are worth it.

bretts

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guys I’m fairly certain that’s a spam post. Not many 39 year old college kids for example. I know that you all know to treat most links like a dirty San Juan hooker, and open at your own risk, but I edited it out of the post anyway.
Could be they are working on their car at the collage but they are not a student. Could be they booked a space at the collage to work on their car?....

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I’m looking to pick up a starter automotive power tools set to be able to work on my car (B8 avant) down at college. If anyone has recommendations for specific tools and tool/socket/bit sets, it would be greatly appreciated if you could drop a comment.
Budget?
First thing I would do is get a good impact wrench in your favorite battery brand. HF is probably your bottom line tool lineup. Subscribe to them, Lowe’s, HD, and Northern Tool. Always having sales.