High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Australia post price calculator!!

Iron.and.bark

Eats trees & drinks dinosaur juice
Local time
8:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Get this, went to price postage to the other side of oz on a gear drive saw today.

If I had it in a square box $250 (could send airmail worldwide for less).

If I bubble wrap and tape cardboard to outside ~$95

Same saw, same weight!

grashoper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Cheaper on a return discount airline ticket to deliver or p/u yourself!!
Un smegging believable.lol...

grashoper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Did it again yesterday. Same story. Postal worker actual told me it was just lucky they could not cube it... Have to apologize to buyers how the packaging looks...
Yeah that reminds me, similar happened.did the post calculator on a small photography pelican case, something like 80$. At the post the bird tells me 32$ ,did the deal, contacted the buyer to refund the 48$ and he said keep it, cool. When I queried her she mentioned some cubic to weight calculation and basically told me it's who you get on the day. Hahaha, what a load of.......

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I find it usually costs me $28 to $40 to post a saw up to ms660 size with a 20 or 25" bar and chain to aus east coast
Never sent one to WA from east coast though.

I have bought a few saws from Tasmania and had big swings in post cost from $40 to $90 for similar size and weight.

Try a different post office

Iron.and.bark

Eats trees & drinks dinosaur juice
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I find it usually costs me $28 to $40 to post a saw up to ms660 size with a 20 or 25" bar and chain to aus east coast

I have bought a few saws from Tasmania and had big swings in post cost from $40 to $90 for similar size and weight.

W.A. to east coast or a central Australia location is the most expensive. Costs me around $60 to get one to Adelaide and cheaper just within w.a.

The thing that Really annoys me is Australia post calculates a cubic rate of said saw as about 30-32kg when you can not ship an item over 22kgs with them...

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The other really good thing to remember with Aus post is that they have NO fragile service.
I inquired once and was told my package should be packed to withstand a drop from shoulder height onto concrete.

Over here they simply measure the box while it sits on the scales and weigh it.
They punch those numbers in along with the post code and tell me how much.

I never tell them whats in the box.

The bloke at the post office here see's me coming and says "Ahhhh, posting more big rocks again I see"

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do not envy You guys at all!
Those prices are ridiculous!

Here (Croatia) delivery services popped up like roots in the garden.
Shipping door-to-door within Croatia costs an average of 7USD for a box up to half a cubic meter.
Not sure regarding the weight though, but 20KG and more don't seem to affect shipping cost.

A coworker bought a motorcycle several towns away and had it delivered strapped onto a wood pallette to his door - payed about 30USD I think, bike arrived the next day after purchase.

Small packages can be sent within Croatia as affordable as 3USD when using the "newspaper stand delivery service" - one must go and get the package from the specified newspaper stand though.
One is notified via SMS when the package arrives at the destination newspaper stand.

Using the official Croatian post office is expensive and quite tiresome due to their non-transparent rules and regulations.

Shipping outside of Croatia gets expensive fast as the package's weight goes up.
Shipping to the US starts at 6USD for up to 100 gram , up to 0.5 Kg is 15USD , up to 2.0Kg 25USD.
For packages up to 2.0Kg one is NOT obligated to declare the packages content nor value!
Larger and heavier packages fall under special regulations and pricing which I didn't bother to find out in detail.

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Tony I sent a 381 from Perth to Sydney 6 months ago through fleabay cost $54.00 if I remember correctly.

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
W.A. to east coast or a central Australia location is the most expensive. Costs me around $60 to get one to Adelaide and cheaper just within w.a.

The thing that Really annoys me is Australia post calculates a cubic rate of said saw as about 30-32kg when you can not ship an item over 22kgs with them...
Auspost chits me robbing bastards

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
7:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is nuts. Boxes stack nicely and are more sturdy during shipping. Misshapen packages are cumbersome and make everything else stack improperly. The logic behind that idea eludes me...
Worked overnight at the fedex hub for a min years ago. They just launch that *s-word in the semi's they dont care what shape the package is.

Last edited:

peter92

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Get this, went to price postage to the other side of oz on a gear drive saw today.

If I had it in a square box $250 (could send airmail worldwide for less).

If I bubble wrap and tape cardboard to outside ~$95

Same saw, same weight!
WTF how do they work that out
Peter

peter92

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

About $60 from QLD to VIC each time i post and $35 to NSW