Best Buy Co, Inc. Buy Used Saws CCC Ebay Store HLSupply Daily Deals

Any Members Near ATL GA selling slabs?

Discussion in 'Milling' started by Blaine Gardner, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Blaine Gardner

Blaine Gardner Active OPE Member

At work we are looking to get into selling custom furniture. As such we need some slabs to be able to pair up with these designs. If any locals have some quality product we would love to do business with you. Bandsaw or Alaska mills are fine.

PA Dan likes this.
  2. JB-PlantHeirloom

JB-PlantHeirloom OPE Member

There are a few on craigslist Atlanta, though they tend to want some big $$$ for their stuff. Just search "sawmill" from the main menu.

I will be posting some for sale on CL soon, I am just finishing up my new sawmill trailer.

The cypress and oak always goes fast, mostly because I sell for between .50-1.00 a BF for slabs. The sweetgum with the dark brown and green sells out quickly, especially the very dark stuff. BUT, only about 1 out of 5 are that way from my experience. When I cut down sweetgums, if I see one with that in the middle I try to save it from the firewood pile.

It depends on what you call a slab. Some come with live edges, others trimmed like lumber. Some of the oak slabs go up to 27" wide and 2"-4" thick (100#s of pounds), though the cypress I cut in the 10-12" width range and 1" thick were real winners. Mostly no knots and just plain likeable. I ran into a storage problem (ran outof it for firewood and slabs), so I used the cypress to build firewood sheds, then a year later sold even those with screw holes in the ends!

Attached Files:

3. crackerbuilt

crackerbuilt Well-Known OPE Member

Really depends on what you're after. I have access to several slabs up to 40" wide Deadore Cedar, Walnut, Pine. The Lucas mill is always available to slab whatever you need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk