Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
11:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think shaun and I will have a simington together this weekend. I need to get one sold soon so I have cash to go to NY GTG in a week! If anyone is interested out east I can drag it to the NY GTG for free shipping.

You bringing any square grinders to the Iowa GTG?

quietfly

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What price range are they in? ( i know this is a broad spectrum question)

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A Simington is right at ~$1,000 new to your door and they are the only ones still making new grinders.

Silvey's are difficult to just go out and find but they are out there. Depending on condition and model they go for $600-$1000 in a market that knows what they are worth. The Pro-Sharp and SDM4 Silvey's have more adjustability and are considered the "Gold Standard" of grinders. Kinda like the difference between a Toyota and a Lexus... So I have seen Pro-Sharps and SDM4's go for more than $1000 used b/c they are touted to be the better machine. RSII Silvey is about the equivalent to a Simington as far as i'm concerned even a little better b/c there are a few more adjustments you can make on a RSII. So I guess it depends on what model you are looking at, the condition, and the extras you get with it. I usually let owners keep the stands b/c I can make a better stand for $20 and 1hr with my welder. That and it's easier on them shipping just the grinder itself, and the grinder stand usually cost $30 to ship by itself. There is a lot that can add and detract from the value of a used unit. I'll save that list for a later thread...

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2cb3820c8dce9e41c6712fd204f3e729.jpg

This is the last one I sold its an original sand-cast aluminum, 450 Simington swing arm. Yea you guys might want to complain that it didn't come up on the market here but a friend wanted it and I needed a quick resale to recoup my investment. Anyhow it got a new motor, new stand, and it was completely disassembled media blasted and painted "Mac Yellow." It was complete and ready to go except for a new wheel and a cap for the open motor wiring. Shaun also had to weld some aluminum on it.

I'll have another 451 Simington for sale as soon as Shaun gets done playing with it. @srcarr52

Last edited: