880 oiler issues

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So my way of thinking in life is to find out what I did wrong before I go off on other people. So, I'm asking what I did wrong. What going on is I've now basically melted 2 of these gears in a row.20230605_172711.jpgI'm not sure what's going on. The oil pump moves freely. I'm assuming I'm assembling this correctly. 20230605_172702.jpg
So if anybody wants to correct me. Go for it. My rep is waiting to hear back from my about what to warranty. Only thing I can think of is the pto seal isn't flush?20230605_173409.jpg
I don't know. I'm at a loss right now. Please help.

Sauen

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The crank seal looks to sit a bit high indeed. That could cause some friction to the gear when the clutch is installed.
Have you checked if the gear moves freely with the clutch in place?

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The crank seal looks to sit a bit high indeed. That could cause some friction to the gear when the clutch is installed.
Have you checked if the gear moves freely with the clutch in place?
Yes. Everything moves very freely. I was wondering 2 things. If the seal was touch to high(fixed that already) and if maybe the OEM clutch drum didn't have a deep enough of a grove? Perhaps spinning at a slight angle is making her unhappy? I'll take care of that tonight after I test one of the 044's I had to repair.