SOLD 562xp, 262xp, 357xp, 346xp, 242, 353, EA6100

Trader history (2)

huskytime

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Every tracking update is generated by a guy standing in a 28 or 53' trailer with a scanner on his 2 fingers of his hand, thumb activated trigger. Your box comes down the belt and is picked off into the trailer. Dude scans it and stacks it along with 1500 other boxes per trailer. I scan 1-2 trailer fulls (28') per shift (4-5 hours). It's my 2nd job in the evenings while I wait in line for a driver position to open up. I try not to miss one but if it won't scan you set it aside so you aren't over run. Then if you catch up and get a second to breath you gotta take your gloves off and manually enter the tracking number. Oh and there's really no repercussions if the trailer loader misses one. I try to get every single one scanned but that's just me.

huskytime

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sometimes things have to wait for enough to go the right way before it can get to gettin' in the "new normal". Should be fine now.

We have a 28' trailer in our hub that is loaded 10-20% every night and it still goes to eastern Washington every day. I think they double it up behind our Chicago trailer and drop it along the way to trade it for a 2nd Chicago trailer from there to continue on.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
2:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Every tracking update is generated by a guy standing in a 28 or 53' trailer with a scanner on his 2 fingers of his hand, thumb activated trigger. Your box comes down the belt and is picked off into the trailer. Dude scans it and stacks it along with 1500 other boxes per trailer. I scan 1-2 trailer fulls (28') per shift (4-5 hours). It's my 2nd job in the evenings while I wait in line for a driver position to open up. I try not to miss one but if it won't scan you set it aside so you aren't over run. Then if you catch up and get a second to breath you gotta take your gloves off and manually enter the tracking number. Oh and there's really no repercussions if the trailer loader misses one. I try to get every single one scanned but that's just me.
Are you serious?!?!?! Every package is scanned by hand? I just assumed it would be by an automated scanner.

huskytime

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yep, every time you see a tracking update your package was likely touched by 3 guys. It's unloaded from the trailer and slid down to the belt. Then picked off the belt and set back in the next trailer of its journey. Then guy #3 picks it up, scans it, and stacks it up in his best attempt at a game of tetris.

The experience has really made me change how I pack an item. It'll be abused, thrown, dropped, squished etc. Small packages even worse. No matter how many 'fragile handle with care' stickers there are, it will be thrown. Or stuffed into big mesh bags in the 'smalls' area and then those are thrown and stacked at the end of the sort.