562 air filter update.

Fullkip

Timber Faller/Saw Porter/Hunting Guide
Local time
6:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have them on a couple of 550s and 562s and they seem to be working great. If a guy cuts much in a burn you still will need a foam pre filter...
When I work in bad bark dust or burned timber I open up the back of my air filter covers, seems to help with dust injection or packing on the filter. They run cooler that way and get more air. When winter hits I go back to a stock top...

huskyhank

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have them on a couple of 550s and 562s and they seem to be working great. If a guy cuts much in a burn you still will need a foam pre filter...
When I work in bad bark dust or burned timber I open up the back of my air filter covers, seems to help with dust injection or packing on the filter. They run cooler that way and get more air. When winter hits I go back to a stock top...

What does that look like?
Do you just cut holes in the cover?

Jetmd

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Smithville, MO..Born in Iowa by the grace of God
Country flag
I still have not come up with a 100% functional and visually appealing way to land the
line which went to the original housing, as the new housing does not have a provision
for the tank vent.

Pictures of your solution?

I would be grateful for your help!

Fullkip

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's what I have done with these tank vent lines.
Cut the line half inch long on the vent side, stuff a piece of scotch brite pad loosely in end done. Plug the other end with thick weed eater line close to where it goes into air filter base.

Fullkip

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What does that look like?
Do you just cut holes in the cover?
Ya holes across the back works well on 562s. On the OE 550s I cut a chunk out of back of top cover just enough so the mark 2 filter fits. Not good for working in very wet conditions.

257roberts

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

So what is used as a foam pre-filter, something generic for a lawnmower? I couldn't find a Husky part, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot...