High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

HELP! 550xp (not MK2) carb rebuild gasket set?

dangerousatom

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking for part numbers or where to buy for a Husky 550xp carb rebuild kit. This is not the Mark II unless the carbs are the same witch I dont believe they are....? Ive bought 3 supposedly correct kits from different places with no luck. Nothing is remotely looking the same. HLsupply doesn't seem to have it listed besides an altogether new carb.

Im chasing an off/on throttle stalling issue after a port and gasket delete. The saw runs great but it stalls as soon as you crack the throttle unless eased into it. I opened the carb to check the micro screen but it looks very clean, and the saw runs the same after reassembly.

Is it possible to swap over the MKII air box and carb assembly ( there are a few on ebay for reasonable price )

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
6:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm no pro but after mods like that the saw may still be relearning itself. How much fuel have you ran through her since the work was done?

dangerousatom

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was coming up on 2 tanks of fuel. I did the whole idle for 3-4 minutes and them full throttle cutting for over 5 min. Like I said it runs great and strong but it’s the off trigger to on trigger that it stalls out on unless massaged into spinning up from idle.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was coming up on 2 tanks of fuel. I did the whole idle for 3-4 minutes and them full throttle cutting for over 5 min. Like I said it runs great and strong but it’s the off trigger to on trigger that it stalls out on unless massaged into spinning up from idle.
Did you run it before doing work, was it ok then ?

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK u might be right there from my auto tune experience. I did up a 562xp and the first 2 tanks it ran like absolute garbage. I just ran it like a orangeheaded stepchild and then all of a sudden/ (shortly after 2 tanks) it just cleared up and then watch out! It was a whole new saw and ran flawless after that. I just took it as it had to relearn itself.
Also what squareground asked...

dangerousatom

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mmm it ran fine but I never cut with it as it was a cheap eBay grab. I made sure it ran and the compression was good and then ripped into it.

It be nice just to know the carb rebuild info as all the kits out there are old type rubber diaphragm and the saw has some weird clear and blue mylar looking bits in the carburetor

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There’s an idle mix jet under a brass cap on the back of the carb where the AF elbow mounts. Pop it out and give the screw 1/8 turn out and see if it’s better

dangerousatom

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There’s an idle mix jet under a brass cap on the back of the carb where the AF elbow mounts. Pop it out and give the screw 1/8 turn out and see if it’s better

Ya I came across that thread where the guy found the lil brass covered screw. I was going to give it a try next time I’m working on the 550

A Walbro K1-At if it a Walbro
And a RB-130 if it’s a Zama
Thanks bro…… 👍ordered a set

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK u might be right there from my auto tune experience. I did up a 562xp and the first 2 tanks it ran like absolute garbage. I just ran it like a orangeheaded stepchild and then all of a sudden/ (shortly after 2 tanks) it just cleared up and then watch out! It was a whole new saw and ran flawless after that. I just took it as it had to relearn itself.
Also what squareground asked...
This