carb,
top cover,
*kill switch,
*chip deflector,
*chain guides,
muffler w/bracket, studs, nuts
*a set of clutch springs,
and a choke linkage.
Please pm me with what you have and what you'd need for them. I'd like to get all of it from one guy, but I'd be ok with having to buy the starred parts from a dealer.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
9:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m all for ordering from one place, keeping a business relationship, saving on shipping, etc., but I recently ordered a bunch of different small bits and no one had everything, or close to it, so ended up getting everything off ebay from various sellers based on lowest price and fastest shipping. Almost everything had free shipping…

That being said, husky spare parts is pretty close and fast, and would probably have everything.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m all for ordering from one place, keeping a business relationship, saving on shipping, etc., but I recently ordered a bunch of different small bits and no one had everything, or close to it, so ended up getting everything off ebay from various sellers based on lowest price and fastest shipping. Almost everything had free shipping…

That being said, husky spare parts is pretty close and fast, and would probably have everything.
Yes, but spending a couple hundred bucks on a crank will quickly make this build not worth it. That’s why I was hoping someone had a good used crank, top cover, carb, etc. If they had the other parts that would be nice, but I’m planning on having to buy new ones.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 394 cranks if that does you any good, looks like Dustin might have a better option.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think someone mentioned that the flywheel side is different from the 395xp crank because of a keyway change?

The flywheels are different - much like the metal flywheel 066 vs the poly flywheel 066/MS-660. A person can build a 395 though with a 394 crank and flywheel - I've built several.

I built one for a timber faller that lived just east of Portland, but the saw was stolen out of his Jobox while he was fishing one day. It was great runner too.