Trader history (0)

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
9:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Sayonara.......

Chris can list his stuff For Sale however he chooses to. Stating a price is always more productive, but whatever, this is how he chose to list this saw......BFD.

Some of the posts made me LOL! Others were just plain *s-wordty.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've come to the conclusion that some of you guys really don't know Skippy nearly as well as you think you do. Rather than drag a man over the coals, reach out and talk to him. He's trying to raise money. We've all been there. Would it have been better to just price this saw? Well yeah.....but I bet he paid too much, and is hoping for a offer that will keep him from being upside down on it.

He's a little hard to understand sometimes, maybe it's something that gets misread in the way he types stuff out. Maybe he should proofread more. Maybe some folks are just looking for someone to mess with.....

I'll say this about Chris, then I'll let it go. On every fundraiser we have ever done, he has went over and above what he should have donated. First in line to help out......every damn time.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm gonna open this back up. If anyone has anything positive to add. I'd be glad to read it. This forum is suppose to be a place where we treat each other with some semblance of respect.

Fair enough?

Pretty much why I'm here. Respect.
Truth is we all know very little about each other. Many who we relate to here on the forum we may have very little to do with if they were our neighbors and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Members at times seem very disrespectful , think before you press the post button .

I had 2 NIB 346xp I sold earlier this year to a fellow in the States , he was more than happy to get them .

And I will add that any NIB discontinued saw model that was popular (or not so much) will gain more interest as the years go by , even lightly used ones in very good condition will become a prize to someone who appreciates it .
20-30 years ago many would have laughed at the thought of old saws , mowers , tractors or whatever becoming collectable.....well guess what , it has .

Last edited:

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If we hope to have a forum that stands the test of time, treating each other right has to come first. What's that old saying?

We can disagree without being disagreeable.

Exactly! If we all agreed on everything we would be done talking in short order. If someone's thought or opinion makes me question a belief I hold, I have the opportunity to grow, whether that is changing the belief, or reinforcing the belief.
Just look at all the talk of compression and case volume in the past few months for example...

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Exactly! If we all agreed on everything we would be done talking in short order. If someone's thought or opinion makes me question a belief I hold, I have the opportunity to grow, whether that is changing the belief, or reinforcing the belief.
Just look at all the talk of compression and case volume in the past few months for example...

The openness of this place has helped me learn a lot over the last few months. Heck, I thought I had some stuff figured out too. lol

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty much why I'm here. Respect.
Truth is we all know very little about each other. Many who we relate to here on the forum we may have very little to do with if they were our neighbors and vice versa.

Every damn one of ya would want my grillin'/smokin'/fish fry/grocery-cookin'/Bud Light drinkin' ass as your neighbor. I garone-tee it!! :borra2:...and we'll play with saws too!!

Last edited:

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya'll don't know Chris. He is a fine person and friend. I have lots of friends on these sites, but he is 1 of only 4 that regularly, sincerely ask how my family is- specifically my daughter. He is also the ONLY member to ever send me a "gift of rare files" that I didn't know where coming- they just showed up one day. He also did all the leg work on my search for my nos 357xp. All I did was open a thread saying I was looking for one. He searched every dealer in his area, and when he found the saw, he fronted the money and bought 2 of them- 1 for me and 1 for himself. Then he sent me a bunch of pictures of each saw (they were both 08 saws) and let me decide which one I wanted. He could have easily picked the nicer one for himself. He chose to put his friend first.

That's the person that Chris is. That's the person that y'all choose to not know. It's a damn shame, because he is a hell of a friend. Yes he has done some things on these sites, that he wishes he could take back. He's struggled in how to respond when the keyboard lynch party has assembled. He doesnt convey well thru text or on a keyboard. On several of his saws, I think people have taken advantage of him when he was buying, and he has paid premium prices. It is not a crime for him to want to break even or not take a bath on his listing. He isn't trying to retire on a sale, he's just trying to get the most for his saw. If your not a buyer, or at least helping keep his thread up at the top, and your sole purpose in the thread is to sabotage the listing- shame on you. How would you feel if that was being done to you, or to someone you know?

We have to make sure that our actions and our words, don't erode the very foundation that this site was built on. We all made an exodus bc we got tired of this *s-word on another site. But if we allow it here, where do we go next?

Last edited:

Magnumitis

Kevin in Arkansas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This was just a little humor. I like laughing, it's good medicine.

And trying to get Chris to open the box and show us the saw [emoji3]

Lost my quote