farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
2:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you are the type of person who notices how a saw or machine feels, feel may be more important than actual speed or power. I was not a fan of the 2166 stock, that is for sure. Laggy and did not respond to tuning predictably. Much better now. Not like my 2 series or 395, but much improved response and feel wise.
Have you looked at the videos of the last two saws Kevin posted? In the same log, the 2165 (65cc) was only a couple seconds behind the hybrid. I think with a similar induction setup as this one…I’m guessing this 2071 is pretty strong.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
3:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No I think that reinforces my position JJ. To you, an early 046 gets it done. No need to trade your way through every other combination of saw and porter to confirm or disprove, for what, a couple of tenths?
Not liking this you *f-wording mutant...

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dang..... A guy doesn't check in for a day and look what happens.

I will say this. This saw is one I will regret selling. Truthfully it has out performed my expectations. I would be selling a different saw. But this one is worth more. And more is better right now. I have a 371xpg that Randy did and it's a darn good runner. But this one will take it's lunch money. Nothing wrong with the mm saw. Just different recipe. I won't sell the 371 because my son helped me build it from the ground up before Randy worked his magic.

Now back to this saw. It is thirsty..... It don't go long on a tank of fuel! But openly and honestly idgaf as much fun as it has been. It runs constantly and holds a tune well. My internet blows or I'd upload a video but there are a few in the original post from when I bought it. Saw hauls azz and will probably knock your baby momma up if you turn your back on it. Tis a mfr of a 70cc

Carry on :beer-toast1:

Steven

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
3:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok who wants to buy a clean but inferior 2166 XT by XS for same money? :D

…and a spare parts saw in pieces I got from @blackbruin
But then you'll never really know. For yourself. In the hard ass desert wood. I wouldn't take these dick's word for it...:couch:

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok who wants to buy a clean but inferior 2166 XT by XS for same money? :D

…and a spare parts saw in pieces I got from @blackbruin

If you were closer I'd arange a showdown. Seeing how so many are curious. Maybe someone will pony up and we can send both to Joe to dyno on someone else's dime :afro:

Steven

Last edited:

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
12:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think slower might actually better in this crap. Like stock 3120 .404
Gear drive. You need a big ol' gear drive loaded with .404 chipper chain. Or an old 1-4* Mac. Next time I'm in SoCal if I have one running we'll have to see how an old torquey Mac does in dry euc.