PAST 2019 CT GTG May 18

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"Dude in Blue Shirt" is Jeremy (J_M___) and he is running (I believe) an 044/036 Hybrid, the only one I have ever seen.

What a great event … again … and special thanks to Dan and Al. I had a blast.

DEETS, my Asian 660 (Flying Tiger) did very well thank you! I believe it was the top performing non-OEM jug saw there! FYI, in the cant competition, it is running the same work chain with 1.5 tanks of fuel through it (at the GTG) against Mason's 064 with race chain. I'm pleased I was able to eek out a tie in the second cut … it ran well with some of the big boys, and it still has a partial muffler baffle!

Saw lots of old friends, meet lots of new ones, and got to run lots of great saws, including the 500i, Sondre's Solo and John's Stroker (that is a very strong saw)! And let's not forget, I also got to run Buck's amazing beast!

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
She had stock oregon EXL Mike, touched it up one time yesterday on Jeff’s tailgate vise after it got dull :). Thanks again for that roller catch by the way!
I like the EXL chain. Been running a loop Steve spun for me at NY GTG last year 105 DL skip for 385. Sharpened it yesterday and NY boys Josh and Joe liked it along with Damien and his dad.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"Dude in Blue Shirt" is Jeremy (J_M___) and he is running (I believe) an 044/036 Hybrid, the only one I have ever seen.

What a great event … again … and special thanks to Dan and Al. I had a blast.

DEETS, my Asian 660 (Flying Tiger) did very well thank you! I believe it was the top performing non-OEM jug saw there! FYI, in the cant competition, it is running the same work chain with 1.5 tanks of fuel through it (at the GTG) against Mason's 064 with race chain. I'm pleased I was able to eek out a tie in the second cut … it ran well with some of the big boys, and it still has a partial muffler baffle!

Saw lots of old friends, meet lots of new ones, and got to run lots of great saws, including the 500i, Sondre's Solo and John's Stroker (that is a very strong saw)! And let's not forget, I also got to run Buck's amazing beast!
Thanks Mike, I edited the titles.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was impressed at how well those Hooskie 372s run! Quite a few nice 372s there yesterday. Good job with those guys. Ran very strong.
And if course the venerable 500i. Very strong for stock saw. Be interesting to see how these unfold as they loosen up.
462s and 572s as well. Pretty cool time for this hobby we got.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What a great time.

I got to run a 462 and 500i, both were quite impressive. Pretty amazing difference starting a stock saw vs. the beasts we create.

The company was the best part though. Lots of laughs.

Already looking forward to the next one.

Next Time, can we have 2 fires going at once?

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had such a blast yesterday! Enormous thanks to our gracious hosts, @paragonbuilder and Julia are great people. Had some great laughs with Dan’s father and brother (no one ran over a chainsaw this year). Your kitchen is amazing, whenever you are ready, feel free to start building my new kitchen. If there is anything you need, feel free to hit me up.

There were some incredible saws there, man some of you guys can build some ridiculous stuff. I really enjoyed meeting so many new people, seeing everyone I met in NY again was great!

@RI Chevy the only thing faster than your saws is your mouth! Thanks again for everything, brother.

@dall you have the most ridiculous 036 I have ever seen. There is something wrong with that saw, i swear there is a little nitrous bottle hidden under the plastics. It was good to finally put a face with a slacker reputation.

@leadfarmer You big goofy bastid! I still have a stomach ache from that nasty Busch garbage. Blah.... It was great to meet you, hang out and bust some stones. Lookin forward to hanging out again, see more beer shoot out your nose! Give my best to Shemane. Oh, poke Dall and tell him he needs more coffee.

@drf256 Man that food was amazing! We are talking restaurant quality food cooked on a turkey frier in a workshop, words don’t do it justice! Waited a long time to meet you and am extremely happy I got the chance to. You build some amazing stuff. Seriously, is there nothing you can’t do perfectly? I have a 2511 with your name on it, bud.

@MustangMike Your chicom saws are quite impressive. I have run a bunch of different clones; it blew my mind when I ran yours. Very impressive! Oh, I told you that dorky little 2511 was awesome! I don’t think anyone ran it that didn’t end up with a big *s-wordeating grin, even you. I’m surprised you big hands even fit inside the handles.

@Mattyo looking forward to trying out your tool set. Really impressed with the Husqy 350. And your impressive armwrestling skills. Mwuahahahaha

@huskyboy Don’t feel bad about destroying the first chain of the day, bud. Actually, I think you destroyed the ONLY chain of the day. I’m just teasing you, It happens to the best of us. Had a lot fun chatting with you and your dad. For a young lad you have a pretty darn good grasp on saws and cutting.

I am sunburned like a lobster. That and I can hardly walk today. I’m going to sit in the jacuzzi tub for a couple hours.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The real Italians, from the City, call it gravy! They even joke about how they had to change what they called it when they moved North!
Mike, I've administered many anthropological studies related to sauce v gravy dictate. All of the present information locates the genesis of the "gravy" myth to a small section of Brooklyn (bensonhurst) when a few of the nutcases escaped the BK many settled in the Jersey city/Hoboken area and took the "gravy" myth with them. No other parts of the east coast will insult the beautiful Italian language by calling sugu "gravy".

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I gotta admit, From the GTGs I have attended we got a great bunch of guys here. For a bunch of crazy guys with saws and stuff, this bunch, and I am sure many others on here, are the best bunch of guys ever. We have great kinship among us and we accomplish good stuff. Very giving, caring, kind, good hearted men here. Proud to know all of you guys, and hope to meet more or you guys in the future!!!

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I always forget how cute Johnny Redfin is till I see him. Can someone give him a kiss on his furry face cheek for me...maybe squeeze his ass a bit? Is big Kev there? I know he would. Thanks.

Did you get the pictures? Redfin got a little more than what you were asking for......

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I gotta admit, From the GTGs I have attended we got a great bunch of guys here. For a bunch of crazy guys with saws and stuff, this bunch, and I am sure many others on here, are the best bunch of guys ever. We have great kinship among us and we accomplish good stuff. Very giving, caring, kind, good hearted men here. Proud to know all of you guys, and hope to meet more or you guys in the future!!!
Well said Jeff.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk