High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

064 maintenance due to age

Gravedigger

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I went to run my 064 today and the oil line split just above the oil pump. I've pressure and vacuum tested the saw when the carb was giving me issues. Everything tested good.

Need the saw to be reliable!

What should be replaced or should I just go through and replace fuel line, impulse line, oil line in the tank, intake boot and the seals?

Any other things that should be checked or replaced?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
5:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your intake boot is probably fine, as the 064 traditionally came with a thicker intake boot than the 066. The oil line in the tank is probably fine too- I never see those go bad unless they get damaged where the lip meets the body of the oil pump. I'm assuming you've checked the main bearings by tugging on the crank stub shafts on both sides?

Seals and fuel line sound reasonable, as does fuel filter and fuel tank vent hose depending on which vent it has. If yours doesn't have the red rubber one-way check valve in the vent, now is a good time to add one. New sealing rings for your fuel and oil caps are probably a good idea too if they're original.

Gravedigger

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
While you are addressing the oil line the oiler worm and sprocket are std wear items. Grease the sprocket bearing.

Already ordered the oiler worm gear. When I disassembled to get to the oil line found the spring arm gorilla glued to the worm gear. Sprocket doesn't have any wear.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
7:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Based on what I read here, my 064 might as well be a shelf queen. Spring arm Gorilla glued to the worm gear? Gasp. What was the repair mechanic trying to do?

I only wish for one one of two things for my 064 AV: Decomp valve or Elastostart pull cord and handle. These saws are brutes to pull and start when cold. When they run, they have more cutting power than they know what to do with.

Last edited:

Gravedigger

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Installed oil line and new worm gear today. It's oiling now. It's difficult to start. Didn't do any more to the 064 . Tore my ms660 clone down to replace the crank.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
7:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Installed oil line and new worm gear today. It's oiling now. It's difficult to start. Didn't do any more to the 064 . Tore my ms660 clone down to replace the crank.
My 064 is not difficult to start at all for a strong bull. I wish I was one. My logger buddies drop start it cold on three pulls or so. After doing it once last year, one guy said, "Edwin, never sell this saw. It's a truck in disguise."