Trader history (2)

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
8:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okey dokey. This saw belongs to a good friends dad. I will get pictures of it up soon.

He bought the saw new and it is basically untouched. He was running it one day and it started making a tick. He shut it down and brought it to me. I found the flywheel had a ever so slight mark from the coil. I cleaned and regaped it. Ran it and thought it was a total dog. I pulled the clutch and drum. It was packed full. Reinstalled everything and ran it again. No change. Checked the carb settings and it was out four turns on the high needle. I readjusted to base settings and it ran much better. I told him to come get it and run it. I couldn't hear or find the noise, but it runs as it should now. He had been wanting to upgrade his saw so he used this as a opportunity to buy a 261. So I'm now in charge of finding a new owner for this 034.

Condition is fair. Rear handle has a quarter size hole knocked into it. And the wrap might have a slight tweak. Other than that it's pretty solid. I had the muff off and the p&c look perfect. But again I will get pictures up tomorrow or monday at the latest. As far as the noise he heard..... I have no clue. I ran a half tank through it and never noticed anything off. But I'm going to try and price it low incase it has a issue. Run it as is or rebuild it. Your call.

That said I'm not sure where to price it for him so I'm just going to call it $150 and actual shipping pho pp f&f. Should put it to most the lower 48 for $175. Or less.

If I'm out of line make him a offer.

Steven