What's on your bench?

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
what makes the starters splode with skinny rope?

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya know how if you don’t wind your winch cable tight and then pull hard on an outer wrap, it will sink down between the lower layers and get pinched? Same thing, but it wedges the plaztec pooleys apart

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so I rebuilt the carb on my neigbors 038s pressure tested it. installed it on the saw started it warmed it up and made the necessary adjustments. i seemed to be running fine. he brought it back stating that it sort of bogs down mid cut. he says that he doesnt really run it wide open. i told him it was meant to be ran full throttle. anyway i checked for air leaks with brake clean. changed the plug and took it to the wood pile and i ran it it runs fine pretty strong for a 34 year old say that is well used. i had the carb set with a tach at 12.5 not knowing for sure what it should be because i didnt look. here is the confusion now....the owners manual for it says 13.5 with bar and chain the service manual says 12 with bar and chain. so which is it? it was holding 9200 in the cut with bar buried in fir. when i got the saw i filled it with gas. but im not sure if his issue happens when full or after a while of running. i couldnt duplicate the problem

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i know...i schooled him. then he said when he is in full wood he does. so i asked if when it was wide open and cutting well did it still do it? he said yes.