heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like to take them down far enough to insure a thorough cleanup.

20240328_160443.jpg

I scratched, scraped, and scrubbed as best I could, then gave the bare areas a nice coat of silicone spray to help ward off future corrosion. I figure the display is climate controlled and normally low humidity so it should not be too much of a problem moving forward.

The saw actually popped on the first pull and started and ran on the second except that the throttle linkage wasn't working. After I popped that back in place I did a little tuning, fit a bar and chain, and ran about 1/2 tank of fuel through it. It does run, cut, oil, idle, stop switch works, and it restarts hot or cold. It does not seem to have as much oomph and the 55cc or 49cc Jenn Feng saws, but the oiler does keep working which is more than I can say for the JF models.

In any case, it will find a place in the display and I can now get back to a few more Italian Mac's still lurking in the attic.

20240329_150802.jpg

20240329_150819.jpg

20240328_133405.jpg

20240329_150836.jpg

And there you have it.

Mark

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've wanted to investigate this one for a long while so I finally made it a priority. The tag simply saws "Electrolux McCulloch 10-51".

View attachment 414072

View attachment 414073

A little research shows that Electrolux called it a ProMac 10-51 or alternatively a Partner 5200

View attachment 414074

It was dirty, and the bare magnesium parts has some corrosion.

View attachment 414076

View attachment 414075

Mark
That big bow bar in the background looks familiar.

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was watching an SP60 on feebay for the better part of a week & the bid was at $95 up till the last minut of the auction.I'd contacted the seller asking if he'd do a compression test,which he did & he said it was between 128 & 132 psi.Kinda on the low side,Plus there was a lot of paint loss,I'd estimate it at 50%.I figured I'd bid $125 & go no higher.I got the bid in at the last second & saw that it sold for $142.50.I figured that someone else wanted it more than I did & went about what I was doing.A few minutes later I checked my emails & saw one from feebay saying "You Won".Somehow feebay has gotten someone else's bid tied to me.I checked the bid history & it says that I bid the $142.50,whichj I did NOTY.After the price of the saw,shipping fees,& taxes,the total comes to over $173.I don't think the saw is worth that much IMO,I know they're a well sought after model,but I don't want one that bad.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was watching an SP60 on feebay for the better part of a week & the bid was at $95 up till the last minut of the auction.I'd contacted the seller asking if he'd do a compression test,which he did & he said it was between 128 & 132 psi.Kinda on the low side,Plus there was a lot of paint loss,I'd estimate it at 50%.I figured I'd bid $125 & go no higher.I got the bid in at the last second & saw that it sold for $142.50.I figured that someone else wanted it more than I did & went about what I was doing.A few minutes later I checked my emails & saw one from feebay saying "You Won".Somehow feebay has gotten someone else's bid tied to me.I checked the bid history & it says that I bid the $142.50,whichj I did NOTY.After the price of the saw,shipping fees,& taxes,the total comes to over $173.I don't think the saw is worth that much IMO,I know they're a well sought after model,but I don't want one that bad.

Congratulations Ed! You will enjoy it.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I saw that it was listed again so I deduced that you had somehow worked it out.

Just a FWIW, I sold what may have been my last flag style brake handle for a 600 Series saw a couple of weeks ago.

DSC01091.JPG

Looking at that one, and comparing it to the PM style 10 Series I thought the 10 might fit the 600 so I tried on just for the sake of it.

20240321_124043.jpg

The 10 Series handle is 2" taller but does fit and operate as it should.

Mark

Rallyeguy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

KingCobra98

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's a good model McCulloch for a guy who never owned one? I always thought they were cool, never had a chance to even try one. I would like to buy one some day. I guess I would like 80-100cc range. Of and somewhat easier to locate NOS or used parts.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's a good model McCulloch for a guy who never owned one? I always thought they were cool, never had a chance to even try one. I would like to buy one some day. I guess I would like 80-100cc range. Of and somewhat easier to locate NOS or used parts.

SP 80, 81 , PM 850 , PM800 all 80cc’s is a good start, the bigger saws are harder to find in good shape, unless you have the money to pay for a nice one or are good at working on them then you can get a decent one to fix up , at a reasonable price.

Last edited:

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The 10-10 Pro Mac , it's plentiful and just a great running saw.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you are just looking to have 80+cc's of McCulloch, many of the older front tank saws are 80 or 87cc and often go for less than the 10-10 models. They are physically much bigger, heavier, generally manual oiler only, and often come with .404 chain. A good running one is O.K. for bucking bigger pieces.

The 250 models were good, the Super 250 models were exceptionally good and have an automatic (pulse operated) oiler in addition to the manual oiler.

DSCN1607.jpg

Mark

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I finish up on the 10-10S todasy (almost).I got my parts order from Martk & promptly went to work.The AF cover was missing the knob & retaining ring,the muffler cap & screws were missing,& the chain brake was gone too.The muffler cap install was the biggest PITA only because the muffler body was bent out of shape,one of the nuts for the screw to hold the cap on was missing,& I had to delete the baffle as it was bernt out of shape as well.After a great deal of cussing & damning the PO's ancestors,I finally managed to get the cap on with one screw for now.I put the new bar & chain on & filled it with oil & fired it up.It runs great & I know the manual oiler works,not sure about the auto oiler yet.Here are a couple pics.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 8
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 8

cinci5

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I finish up on the 10-10S todasy (almost).I got my parts order from Martk & promptly went to work.The AF cover was missing the knob & retaining ring,the muffler cap & screws were missing,& the chain brake was gone too.The muffler cap install was the biggest PITA only because the muffler body was bent out of shape,one of the nuts for the screw to hold the cap on was missing,& I had to delete the baffle as it was bernt out of shape as well.After a great deal of cussing & damning the PO's ancestors,I finally managed to get the cap on with one screw for now.I put the new bar & chain on & filled it with oil & fired it up.It runs great & I know the manual oiler works,not sure about the auto oiler yet.Here are a couple pics.
I'm working on a couple of my 10-10S's also, getting them ready for a big ash load I have. The wind storm we had about 3 weeks ago brought down a crap load of standing dead at a place I know, they said I could have all of it. About 10 cord worth. I'm glad that saw is working for you as it looked rough. I love the 10-10S but also love my MS290 Farm Boss 👍

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Prior to the 10 series ,like 10-10 the 250 was very popular saw .They like the 10-10 are not rare .I have one 250 I converted over to run 3/8" chain using an 8 pin rim which vastly increased it's speed in the wood .However compaired to a 10-10 they are heavy but I think they were made to run almost forever .I might add I once ran a modified Stihl bar on one,32inch in 3/8 chain .Had plenty enough power to chew right through 30" of oak with relative speed .They have that reed valve grunt a piston port has a hard time duplicating .I might add the 250 super is 87 cc IMO the best reed valve model of engine McCulloch made .