Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
9:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_9297.jpeg
Got my dad out of the house and cutting tops for firewood, and he also pulled cable a couple times for me. I think he likes it…

I have been in some pretty nice Red Oak’s on this job. Pulled the last tree today. Going to buck and roll the landing tomorrow.
IMG_9272.jpeg
IMG_9269.jpeg

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 84 driver light bar I mostly bent straight by hand. I could probably fix it with an hour on a hydraulic press.

Also I don’t recommend doing it by hand, I about snapped my bench vice in half.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
10:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Least it’s a blue saw 😁
You got that right, I let students in class borrow it, I even hand it out when we're doing stuff like this.
When this happened my boss turned to me and said " boy am I glad it was you who did it ,I would have never heard the end of that!" Haha ,he is partially right.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You got that right, I let students in class borrow it, I even hand it out when we're doing stuff like this.
When this happened my boss turned to me and said " boy am I glad it was you who did it ,I would have never heard the end of that!" Haha ,he is partially right.
Don't let the TRUTH get in the of a good STORY. Find someway to Drag him into it. Like Yer the Boss - You should have SAID Something..
I kept a bent bar like the one you showed, just as a reminder. I have had it for almost 30 years.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You already know. The folks on the ground work by the hour with no guarantees and hope they can hustle enough to get ahead. The people in front of the screens watch the numbers and take a bigger cut. It’s the same everywhere. Probably better in the US than Greece, but still a hard physical job. If you’re lucky, it pays the bills.
My friends just laid everybody off and closed their tree work business last week. Been doing it for 10+ years. Sad day...

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sad thing I can't upload videos since I don't do Youtube
TikTok is more than enough and usually i just upload videos straight from my GoPro at my Fb/Insta or mobile phone whether climbing, logging generally felling trees and anything between