Port Timings Be Damned...

Wanab

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I seriously doubt it has 42° of blowdown. But anything is possible on one of those knockoff jugs.

I just timed the Farmer Chuck 660 I am building and the blowdown is 24. lol.

Wanab

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Randy for helping me determine the status of that barrel.

Wanab

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty amazing. It does look backwards.

The fellow I purchased it from claims all his Hyway and Meteor kits are like that. I told him they are all junk then. He sent me a return label.

I have another Hyway kit on the way already from a different vendor so we shall see...

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The fellow I purchased it from claims all his Hyway and Meteor kits are like that. I told him they are all junk then. He sent me a return label.

I have another Hyway kit on the way already from a different vendor so we shall see...

I just don't bother with these aftermarket parts. I've yet to see anything worth spending my time on.

Wanab

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just don't bother with these aftermarket parts. I've yet to see anything worth spending my time on.

For me it's a science project. I likely already have more than enough saws to cut as much wood as I will need to the rest of my life. On top of that I have never needed a saw this big anyway. Again thanks, if I would have started grinding on it this guy would have had a fit about the return because he couldn't dump it on some other poor sucker.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For me it's a science project. I likely already have more than enough saws to cut as much wood as I will need to the rest of my life. On top of that I have never needed a saw this big anyway. Again thanks because if I would have started grinding on it this guy would have had a fit about the return because he couldn't dump it on some other poor sucker.

In that case.....carry on. I went through the same process when these am jugs first started showing up.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've considered buying one of those complete saw "repair kits" just to build and practice on but I just can't bring myself to buy that Chicom garbage that is nothing more than intellectual theft.

The are just exploiting expired patents I think,

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've considered buying one of those complete saw "repair kits" just to build and practice on but I just can't bring myself to buy that Chicom garbage that is nothing more than intellectual theft.
You can't find enough "kits for repair" at the local auction where all the trimmers are? Pretty much the same thing only the parts aren't junk and you have to disassemble them first.