Pipers sound off if you’re present

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
3:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_5733.jpegGl pease spark plug was digging around foranother cigar tonight but changed my mind I really like a good plug and this is one. I may like the Peterson perfect plug better but this is good. Glad I pulled the pipe out

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of ya see Father the Flame, from 2018? I just watched it this morning, and thought it was kind of a neat pipe/pipe making documentary.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Is that a little tractor, you're on?
Yep my dad’s diesel simplicity legacy xl that I recently inherited. It’s got a Briggs and strapon branded 27hp dihatsu diesel in it.

It’s kinda dumb though it will only lift 500 pounds. It’s really a glorified garden tractor. The three point hitch is some bastardized version of a cat 0 & 1. It’s a single speed transmission. The list goes on and on. Even a John Deere 1025 would have been better and I’m no John Deere fan.

It’s kind of a long story but, I was super irritated when he bought it. I did a ton of research, took him to look at several different brands, encouraged him to buy something that was bigger, and then he buys this on his own.🤷🏼‍♂️

Apparently the Simplicity collectors go nuts for these things though because you can’t get the Diesel engine anymore. I don’t get it though.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting. I've never heard of those before. I want to pick up a small tractor someday, which is why I was curious.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting. I've never heard of those before. I want to pick up a small tractor someday, which is why I was curious.
Buy a Kubota. If you don’t want to spend kubota money take a hard look at the two main Korean tractors kioti and LS. Kioti quality has almost drawn even with kubota & Deere.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Buy a Kubota. If you don’t want to spend kubota money take a hard look at the two main Korean tractors kioti and LS. Kioti quality has almost drawn even with kubota & Deere.
Well, that saves me a ton of time narrowing things down. Thanks, man! I've heard of Kubota and Kioti, not LS. I'll focus on those 3.

My old Case all terrain forklift went down, and since I'm moving to the country in the next year or so, I think a little tractor will suite me better.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, that saves me a ton of time narrowing things down. Thanks, man! I've heard of Kubota and Kioti, not LS. I'll focus on those 3.

My old Case all terrain forklift went down, and since I'm moving to the country in the next year or so, I think a little tractor will suite me better.
The kioti tractors has been around since the 50s. In the 80s they developed the L02 tractors jointly with Kubota. There’s a reason they are both orange😉

The LS tractors are essentially New Holland tractors without the markup. There’s a reason they are both blue 😉They also make several of the Mahindra tractors. They have been around since the 50s as well.

TYM (they make the rural king tractors too) is another one to keep your eye on. Although they just bought Branson and things are somewhat convoluted with the merger.

The thing with tractors is dealer support is even more important with them than it is with saws. You likely have a Kubota or Deere dealer close to you for sure. Best thing to do is go put in some seat time with a few and pick the dealer you like the best.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 415479Escudo. This is new to me. Good stuff
I’m gonna buy more.
Right on man! It’s a favorite of mine. Most everyone judges a VaPer by Escudo. It’s pretty much the benchmark. If you like that check out Stokkebye’s PS 403 luxury bullseye flake. It’s a clone of escudo you can buy in bulk.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right on man! It’s a favorite of mine. Most everyone judges a VaPer by Escudo. It’s pretty much the benchmark. If you like that check out Stokkebye’s PS 403 luxury bullseye flake. It’s a clone of escudo you can buy in bulk.
I assumed it was all hype. That’s why I had never tried it but yeah Good stuff. I’ll look into the stokkebye. Hell I might even have some of it 😂

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The kioti tractors has been around since the 50s. In the 80s they developed the L02 tractors jointly with Kubota. There’s a reason they are both orange😉

The LS tractors are essentially New Holland tractors without the markup. There’s a reason they are both blue 😉They also make several of the Mahindra tractors. They have been around since the 50s as well.

TYM (they make the rural king tractors too) is another one to keep your eye on. Although they just bought Branson and things are somewhat convoluted with the merger.

The thing with tractors is dealer support is even more important with them than it is with saws. You likely have a Kubota or Deere dealer close to you for sure. Best thing to do is go put in some seat time with a few and pick the dealer you like the best.

I work part time at Rural King. By all accounts the RK tractors are good, competent with anything in their price range. Only thing that gives me pause is that they are a house brand and I wonder if RK will always be in the tractor business. Also, I have to wonder about the availability of service for heavy warranty jobs. My store has one service tech who does ALL the repair stuff, from two stroke handhelds to the biggest tractors. He is fixing to retire, has already cut his hours way down, and there is no indication that they are trying to replace him. A top shelf tractor and implement mechanic isn't going to work for retail pay, that's just not happening. Nor does my store offer any kind of off site service, I have no idea how they would handle a warranty repair on a big tractor that is stuck and immobile out in the boonies. Based on those factors alone I can't bring myself to recommend an RK brand tractor even though I work there and do like the company overall.

Last edited: