GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
1:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sure miss my mom today.
I feel ya Randy. This is the 6th MD without her, Normally it would be a big dinner with my mom, MIL, sister and her family. Usually 16 or so for Chinese food. Now, we don’t see my sister and saw MIL yesterday, will just be three of us and going to spark some charcoal to grill some stuffed chicken breasts.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I feel ya Randy. This is the 6th MD without her, Normally it would be a big dinner with my mom, MIL, sister and her family. Usually 16 or so for Chinese food. Now, we don’t see my sister and saw MIL yesterday, will just be three of us and going to spark some charcoal to grill some stuffed chicken breasts.
We use to Visit the Shanghai Restaurant in China town on King Street whenever we were in Winnipeg. Yep it was Mon's home town and several other family member as well. Dang I miss that restaurant. Seems like only yesterday, but it closed about 15 years ago.

And then there was a small Jewish Bakery/restaurant that was only open a couple hours a day, No it was not Gunn's

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bastard livesIMG_20240512_161956.jpg
He was missing for over 7 day's i didn't think he was coming back this time
At 3am he got the door open he pushes the sliding glass door and screen open i leave it unlocked when I'm home for him.
He's 10 and has always done this
He doesn't make any noise never meowed or anything just purrs but he jumped on my throat and chest this morning to wake me up
Must've been lost
He weighs less now.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
2:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yeh, I know what you mean.

I wish ! . Just once in a while ! it be good to see them.

never gonna happen thou

Mines been gone 34yrs 🙄
Same feelers today guys. It's been 45 years for me. Still think about and cherish those times growing up. Anywho if you haven't talked to mom yet today, give her a call it's still early. Well this rainy grey day turned into a beautiful evening. Rock it out guys.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We use to Visit the Shanghai Restaurant in China town on King Street whenever we were in Winnipeg. Yep it was Mon's home town and several other family member as well. Dang I miss that restaurant. Seems like only yesterday, but it closed about 15 years ago.

And then there was a small Jewish Bakery/restaurant that was only open a couple hours a day, No it was not Gunn's
I too miss Shanghai too, that area has seen many changes in the last 15 years, some good, some not so. Not sure which bakery you could be referring too, unless it was Donut House also on Selkirk Ave but I’ve never thought of it as Jewish. Both are more commercial now and mostly baking for commercial clients or other stores s to resell.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

footstep

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening guys, hope yall had a good day, this was my mom's first mother's day without my dad in 50+ years, he passed a few months ago in January & we really felt it today, not having him at his seat at the table was tough, so I feel for you guys who have dealt with the loss of either parent. Anyhow back to the regularly scheduled program.....GFY