High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Massey Ferguson MF-300

Dave70

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to me a couple years ago with a 966 Cat loader. Man it was all going great until it just eff'in quit! Nuthin an inframe overhaul didn't fixo_O

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad you got it out! Did you have a chain block hanging from that chain i see to get it separated from the torque converter? Got to love digging all that crud oil dirt from around the motor... I've found some interesting stuff before dig that stuff out! Injoy and thanks for sharing!

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad your gettin it man. That really doesnt look like fun.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those pics tell very little of the story......as some of you guys surely know. :)

We had a chain hoist from the upper chain......and a bottle jack under the bellhousing. The oil pan had to go up a few inches before the engine could move forward.

Notice that Jon has the engine hooked up at the last point on the boom pole?

Well.......when the engine slid off of the crawler frame, the little Massey 135 stood straight up on her ass end. The front wheels were about four feet in the air. I thought Jon was gonna chit his pants. LOL

Deererainman

Firewood Hack
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those pics tell very little of the story......as some of you guys surely know. :)

We had a chain hoist from the upper chain......and a bottle jack under the bellhousing. The oil pan had to go up a few inches before the engine could move forward.

Notice that Jon has the engine hooked up at the last point on the boom pole?

Well.......when the engine slid off of the crawler frame, the little Massey 135 stood straight up on her ass end. The front wheels were about four feet in the air. I thought Jon was gonna chit his pants. LOL

Sort of like this??
429.jpg

That's a 4020 JD with a 20 ft batwing attached.

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Often times head gasket failures are from old age. Another reason they fail that I've found is over time the head bolts lose their specs from years of hot/cold cycling.

My 1997 dodge had loose head bolts that could've allowed the head gasket to blow when I upped the power from factory. The bolts easily turned with the torque wrench at less then 90 ft/lbs. Factory specs is 110...

I read an article from a well known builder of performance cummins engines that the head gasket can live longer if the bolts were re-torqued back to their factory specs.

Just remove one bolt at a time, blow the threaded hole clean, use a little clean engine oil on the threads, put bolt back in and torque to the starting spec in the manual, repeat with the others until all are done.

Different engines use different specs. My Cummins is the 3 step torque sequence.

Same engine builder gave me a modified 5 step torque sequence that allow a higher ft/lb in the final step which would allow me to reach 500 hp on the same old head gasket and original head bolts with 50 psi of boost pressure without breaking the bolts. If the bolt broke, just replace with a new one.

So far that was 4 years ago. knock on wood......

foragefarmer

70cc groupie
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They never break on a flat dry surface. At least it doesn't seem to be on much of a side hill. A few years ago I broke the rubber track on my skid steer right on top of this horse farms chit pile down in the woods.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldnt have thought those old bar treads could handle that speed

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
this sucker running yet?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally making some progress on the MF-300.

I found a complete engine that was locked up from sitting for many years. The pistons are stuck fast, but the block is in excellent condition. I'm doing a few heating and cooling cycles to break it loose and get the oil down to the rings.

IMG_3442.JPG