Local time
7:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That post right there^…..

100% made in East Jordan, MI.

GFY’s
I think I was "created" in Tennessee somewhere in the Smoky Mountains.
I do know for a fact I was born on the way to the stock car track. Dad was getting ready to head to the track in the afternoon when Mom said they might need to make a pit stop at the hospital. Dad says "awe poo let's go now then and get it done." They stopped at the hospital. She had a quick birth at 5PM and Dad made hot laps at West Liberty Iowa by 6PM. It made for a funny Eulogy when Dad passed years ago.

Last edited:

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ive tried a tank of fuel mixing with food castor oil. Nothing Blew up.
Years ago at some of the saw GTG's here we used to have contests to see how long a saw would run on straight gas. I have to say it was actually an amazingingly long amount of time. My Father-In-Law used to get mason jars of homemade Kentucky clear shine from from a guy in the shop that had family down there. He himself was not a drinker but would break out a jar at holidays to share. He and his wife hosted a huge Halloween party each year and one year he was passing the jar as we sat around the fire. Now I had never touched the stuff but I asked Kenny if it actually burned. He said "well heck ya" and took a bit and tossed it in the fire. Wow, I was amazed at the reaction. I then got the "smart idea" I wanted to take some to a saw GTG and run a saw on it to see how long it would last. Yeah Kenny dashed that idea when he told me what a quart cost.........I am cheap.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had to look it up.
Norway is not an Europe Union member, they are in what is considered the Schengen area.
Hence their own country specific currency.

The fine gentleman I am dealing with appears to be a great guy and it just took a bit of research on my part to understand their currency. When he returns from travels we will work a deal.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fortunately I think you’re safe here
I am not exactly sure how to take that. 🤔

I apparently used incorrect wording. My mistake.

When I said "here" I meant here as in my surrounding geographical area of 20 miles or so. My post was in regards to what Randy posted which was a very serious post on a very serious subject that I value greatly. My comment of "here" was not meant to indicate this website. My mistake.

My apologies.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well as it turns out I do have a Jonsered XA diesel.......

I also have a Jonsered XB, XD, and XF.
I am missing the XC which is very rare to locate. Wallace Gabel has at least one and I believe Wayne Sutton. After that I am not sure

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a reason the diesel saws never caught on. The XA stored propane in the handle bar to fuel the flame for the glow plug. The XC used a battery pack. They were an engineering design that simply failed.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a reason the diesel saws never caught on. The XA stored propane in the handle bar to fuel the flame for the glow plug. The XC used a battery pack. They were an engineering design that simply failed.
Did you run yours at all?